Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At one time it was stated that there was going to be a Mazda6s version released in the future. I know this has been discussed before just wondering if there was any updated info regarding this product. Seems that its can scan codes and also tune. Great combination that would be useful to us 6s owners.

Thanks,
CaTiRo

The SCT Xcalibrator 2 flash tuning device is the most powerful flash device on the market. This tuner is a compact hand held flash tool that can be custom programmed with up to 3 tunes (tunes vary by application). It features an easy to read screen for programming navigation and on screen datalogging. Data logging is also possible using pass through data logging to a computer through SCT's live link software. The Xcalibrator 2 tuner gives the user the ability to read/clear diagnostic trouble codes and offers end user adjustability of many parameters.

End user adjustable parameters:

* WOT fuel adjustment
* Spark adjustment
* Read/Clear diagnostic trouble codes
* Tire Size adjustment
* Idle rpm adjustment
* Cooling Fan temp on/off adjustment
* Automatic Trans. shift control

By itself the tuner gives your Fusion up to 12 horsepower. Combined with Steeda's Fusion Cold Air Intake have seen gains of up to 30 horsepower and 25 ft/lbs of torque in the 3.0L Duratec engines!

Product Benefits

Tuner holds up to 3 custom tunes
Horsepower and Torque gains
Diagnostic capability

Fits Vehicle Model:

Ford Fusion 3.0 V6

Fits Model Year:

2006, 2007

Info from: www.steedafusion.com

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Can a mod please lock this thread before I further depress myself over this product......

It hasnt happened in 3 years it wont happen for another 10. Dead in the water...

·
Registered
820 Posts
if it works for the fusion why not the 6? i thought they were the same car? or is it just the same "platform"?

PS: My buddy has this flasher for his 05 mustang and it works really well.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
if it works for the fusion why not the 6? i thought they were the same car? or is it just the same "platform"?

PS: My buddy has this flasher for his 05 mustang and it works really well.
[/b]
The fusion/milan have a different protocol used to communicate with the ecu compared to the 6. I'm guessing since the 6i's ECU is made by mitsi, that its protocol is different than that of the 6s, and that of the speed6.

See this thread: http://forum.mazda6tech.com/about4553.html

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
mike2005 has it on the nose. I've asked numerous SCT dealers and SCT themselves. They will supposudly look at it after they do GM products but dont hold your breath. Once CAN becomes the mainstream system then it will be possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.