Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.megasquirt.info/ check it out its pretty cool. and it is about 15000000 dollars cheaper :irate:

Kinda neat if you are a techy that can't wait for the sluggish pace of R&D or the sometimes over absorbitant price of it. P5freak is doing an awesome job at the moment taking one for the team and doing his own supplimentary R&D. While I am still scratching my head at the damned boost controller. :cursing:

Anyways something cool for yall to look at.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Megasquirt is very cool. If we had port injection, this would be an option.

Even the latest prototype designs can not do direct injection.... yet...

I run megasquirt on my 2.0 16v turbo VW golf. The stuff you can do with it is insane.

Boost Control, Water Injection Control, Nitrous Control, Launch Control, almost anything under the hood that you can hook wires up to can be run with it.

It's kind of like linux. It can do anything. You just need to figure out how to do it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have played with these in the past on cars that did not have systems, They can be finiky. I am not a fan, but it has been mentioned in previous posts.

I much prefer a system that someone else built so that when the car suddenly stops, I have someone I can call and yell at. I'm tired of yelling at myself.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I have seen MS run turbo apps, nitrous stages, traction controll, just about any thing, and the maps are so easily switched. But you're right, if you get a hiccup you don't have a parent company to call and help you trouble shoot!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts