Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just scratched my back door on a cement post...it were on the projecting arc around the back wheel..about 9 inches long, 2 inches wide :tear: .. I am so upset...that's really bad, really bad... :tear: :tear: :tear:

Any suggestion about where to fix it and how much it will cost? Also I bought a paint protection plan from wolf langley, does it work for this kind of situdation? Anyway I will call my dealership tomorrow...

I HATE snow

G

·
aww that sucks .. my water-heater cover outside my house fell on my hood last winter .. got a few scratches.....

any pictures????

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Yeah pictures would help a lot.

What you can do is check if you can see a lot of gray there, because then that means there's more damage than just on the paint. If it's white, then only the paint layer came off, which is much easier to fix.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah pictures would help a lot.

What you can do is check if you can see a lot of gray there, because then that means there's more damage than just on the paint. If it's white, then only the paint layer came off, which is much easier to fix.
[/b]
Thanks OrphanBoy... I even do not want to see the scrathes again...This morning I went down stairs to see my car and damn...the scratches were still there..... :( most of the scratches were white..few spots were gray...Is this a good news for me? Also I found a small scrathes area were flat which were supposed to be projecting... Is this a bad news?

For anyone who has this kind of bad experience...does your car look like the new one after the fix?

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Thanks OrphanBoy... I even do not want to see the scrathes again...This morning I went down stairs to see my car and damn...the scratches were still there..... :( most of the scratches were white..few spots were gray...Is this a good news for me? Also I found a small scrathes area were flat which were supposed to be projecting... Is this a bad news?

For anyone who has this kind of bad experience...does your car look like the new one after the fix?
[/quote

My 6 isn't right off the assemlby line, but I hate to hear stories like this one. Gives me the shivers and makes me realize it could happen to any of us *Knocks on wood. Sorry to hear about it, but you could go to a local commercial paint shop. Depending with who you deal with, you might luck out and find someone who wants to help and not rob you, but check with your dealership first.

I actually got a shop who wants to match my color to a T and are making almost no profit on the deal. Kinda hard to believe myself.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Called dealer this morning and they recommanded vancouver Auto Mind Collision Repair. Has anybody been there before? Any comments? I did some research and found the richmond Auto Mind is pretty good...don't know the vancouver one...

Also how about colorworks?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I have a buddy who owns a bodyshop near Metrotown. Rastard just took his car there to fix and they also repaired my bumper as well for me after I got rear-ended. PM me if you want to try that place out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a buddy who owns a bodyshop near Metrotown. Rastard just took his car there to fix and they also repaired my bumper as well for me after I got rear-ended. PM me if you want to try that place out.
[/b]
Thanks, man. Check your pm, please.

I went to Auto Mind and they asked for $800 :swearin: ....it not only for fixing the scratches, also for body work and repaint the door...I sadly found other scratches on the rear door...they are minor but located on the center of the door, so the guy said they have to repaint the whole door to fix them...

I swear I will always watch my side view mirrors...

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Yeah, if the scratches are big enough, then they'll have to repaint the whole panel to make it look even.

It's usually about $250 ~ $300 to repaint a whole panel, IIRC. I know bodyshops charge at least $200 for painting anything since the paint mixing and application process is always the same, regardless of what you're getting painted.

BTW, what colour is your 6? Colour matching is much easier on some than others.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My 6 is dark cherry...don't know it's easier to match or not.

Today went to the bodyshop which wing_woo knows, got pretty good deal and can not wait to see my car after fix.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
My 6 is dark cherry...don't know it's easier to match or not.

Today went to the bodyshop which wing_woo knows, got pretty good deal and can not wait to see my car after fix.
[/b]
Glad they can help. Hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
wing woo to the rescue

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Yeah, now who's gonna rescue me? haha

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, now who's gonna rescue me? haha
[/b]
I saw your clutch thread and sorry to hear that... You have 04 mazda and it can not be fixed under warranty? Wow..I thought a stock clutch were supposed to work much longer than that....Since you still can drive, take it easy dude, and save enough money until you can afford it.

BTW I got my car yesterday and Jeff only used one day to fix everything! My car looks greate, just like the new one...and I save lots of money too! Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
No problem. I'm glad it all worked out for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts