Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
love my bros, nice feel, seats aren't the best, and the floormatting ripped but it's a 2005 model so its understandable. Oh and it's an auto version

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
We have one and it's mod-free.

It's very peppy for it's size (2.4L - 160 HP and 163 TQ for a 2900lb car). The rear seats decline (which is kinda of cool). Dual moon roofs. Stock Pioneer headunit and speakers sound pretty good. Pricing scheme is much more simplistic than standard automotive haggling. Has numerous features that would cost $$ to add to a similiar Civic (the tC's comparable). I did add the SRS system.

The car is highly "mod-able". The various intake systems won't throw a CEL. If installed at the dealer, the mod will come with a 12 month warranty (if instaled after purchasing the car. If installed prior to purchasing, then you get 3/36 warranty). They also have more than one company option for parts (other than TRD). Warranty could always be bettter (3/36 full and 5/60 for the power train)

Gas mileage is equivalent to my 6i (which, one would have thought it would be a bit better). If you're 6' or taller, you're sittin' in the back seat when driving. As a hatchback, it needs a rear window wiper. The hatch water-runs need some improvement because when you open the hatch, water tends to run into the cabin.

Oh...and the first 3 oil changes are free!

Would I buy it again: Yes. And the wife loves the car.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
The car is (and feels) top heavy around corners. The dual moonroof thing ruined what might have been a decent car. The Celica (which the Scion sort of replaced) was a far better enthusiast car at 400lbs lighter and 40 more high-revving horsepower. The Tc should have simply been the new Corolla. The Tc engine sounds great.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It was the first car I looked at when I was in the market and I was set on getting one, until me being 6'3" couldn't fit in one at the dealership and that ended that. But now that I look back I think the 6 was a much better choice.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I used to date a girl that had an automatic, she let me drive it a couple times...it was nice but not as peppy as I would have wanted. Good car if your looking for a nice commuter car and it doesnt look like garbage... (i.e. the other scions :barf:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies guys (and keep them coming)...

I will admit the tC looks good, but I have heard that the car won't stand up to more than a few years of driving constantly. Is this true?

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
all that is hearsay.

Being a toyota product i wouldn't expect longevity to be a problem, but i could be wrong.

The scion Tc has been out for awhile, so a lot of the initial kinks have been worked out.

I shopped for the Tc also when chooosing a new car after my 6i. I agree that it feels topheavy and a little more "floaty" on turns than i expected. It really is a heavy car with a lot of glass up top.

For that much money, I'd really look into the Civic Si or a RX-8. Those were the 2 that i battled with, but ended up with the RX-8.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love my 6 so I am for sure NOT in the market to get a new car anytime soon... esp. a tC...

The tC does look good, but it's just not my style.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i test drove one before my 6 (i oringally was going to get a 3) it didn't handle nearly as well...and i didn't like the flip cover to the CD player, some things felt cheap

·
Registered
985 Posts
My buddy has a stage 1 Tc right now which is making about 310 whp and let me tell you that thing pulls strong. The engine is nice and strong. I've driven it when it was stock and I thought that is was a nice car i just thought that it didnt handle as good. Put it was faster than my 6i.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys (and keep them coming)...

I will admit the tC looks good, but I have heard that the car won't stand up to more than a few years of driving constantly. Is this true?
[/b]
How can you justify that? The line is less than 2 years old!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
How can you justify that? The line is less than 2 years old!
[/b]
LOL. He's blunt but he has a point

·
Registered
291 Posts
There's one that is at the gym everytime i'm there and I really like the looks of it. No idea about the interior or performance though. Don't know if I could ever own a two door though.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've heard that the tC is not as exciting to drive as the mazda3, which is understandable...but it's definitely the more comfortable car to drive around, probably. I see it more as a gt car.

The interior is quite amazing for what you pay for...and it's got a ton of nice amenities.

Whoever said that the tC won't last more than a couple years...not sure how you'd come to that conclusion. If we're talking about powertrain, it's using the same one from the Camry, so no problems there....I can't comment on the interior, but I'm sure it'll hold up for much longer than that. Only part that would probably be the biggest complaint is the plastic CD cover, which is kind of annoying, and some cars might have the sunroof problem. And there was a small recall for that, I believe.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Only part that would probably be the biggest complaint is the plastic CD cover, which is kind of annoying, and some cars might have the sunroof problem. And there was a small recall for that, I believe.
[/b]
There's two options for the cover you speak of:

1. Remove it.

2. There is a company that makes an aftermarket kit which will motorize the cover such that when the key is swtiched on, the cover opens, and when the key is switched off, the cover shuts. Pretty cool, just kind of expensive. The mod is simple from what I have read.

·
Registered
234 Posts
buddy of mine have a 06 MTX white. he have the Sound Performance Stage 1 Turbo kit on it . gotta say thats one quick car

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
18 Participants
06speed6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing