Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just passed 12k miles on my car now and was wondering what maintenance needs to be done. I have the oil changes done every 3k miles. Had tires rotated once. Anything else I should do now and upcoming mileage marks??? Not sure what I need to do..............

·
Registered
867 Posts
it would be in your manual. dont know offhand. Also if you register your car on www.mymazda.com it will tell you everything to do with maintenance.

·
Registered
313 Posts
change or atleast take alook at your cabin airfilter and see if it needs to be changed. it most likely will. mine was dirty and i dont smoke.

its easy to change yourself too just gotta find the cheapest place to get them.

when you rotate your tires ask to do the cross rotation. my dealer just does front to back, etc if i dont say to cross rotate. which i have to do next time.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
go to your local mazda dealer they have a paper telling you what to check and what mile to check it. the brochure should be in the service department

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
go to your local mazda dealer they have a paper telling you what to check and what mile to check it. the brochure should be in the service department
[/b]
I beg to differ but dealer service schedules often have extra services that are nice to do, but aren't critical. Also, they occur at sooner intervals than what is on the manual. I had that same dealer service schedule. I promptly threw it away when I got home when I noticed it didn't match with the manual.

The best bet is to consult your manual. The manual is the definitive source for service schedules. IMHO Dealer service schedules are designed with profit in mind, and car maintenance as a secondary (maybe even tertiary) objective.

·
Registered
103 Posts
when you rotate your tires ask to do the cross rotation. my dealer just does front to back, etc if i dont say to cross rotate. which i have to do next time.
[/b]
This is because most radial tires specify a front to back rotation only.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Nobody has mentioned it so I will, you are changing your oil a bit too often. Mazda recomends 5 to 7K miles, anything less then 4 is just harming the environment :). Oh and its also a waste of your hard earned $$.

·
Registered
181 Posts
This is because most radial tires specify a front to back rotation only.
[/b]
be careful doing cross rotation. Some tires are rotationally specific...that is they're only supposed to go one way. There's typically a mark on the tire if this is the case. If you cross rotate...you might be putting your tires on backwards.

;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts