Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search but came up with nothing as far as a comparison between these two products.Has anybody had experience with both of these, and if so, which do you prefer?Even if you have one or the other, what do you like/dislike about that particular one? Also, is there possibly another product that does what these can do? Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Most people here have gotten the Scanguage, due to the Groupbuy that RPM put on. Sorry but I havent heard of the DashHawk. Seems most peeps that got the Scanguage unit are well pleased. Check out the group buy section to read about it.

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
I haven't used the Dash Hawk, but I'll tell you what I know. The products have a lot in common, but there are a few differences here and there. Ultimately, I think it boils down to cost and personal preference regarding which features are important to you.

The Dash Hawk has access to more of the lesser used sensors and has the ability to display the readings graphically (bar graph, etc). It will calculate 0-60 and 1/4 mile times and record peak values for some of the sensors. It features a data logging ability and is larger in size.

The ScanGaugeII has a trip computer that will calculate your average MPG, forecast how many miles you have left on your current tank of gas, etc. It's also more compact in size and costs about half as much as the Dash Hawk.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the insight, I've heard nothing but good things about the scangauge and it doesn't seem anyone is very familiar with the dash hawk,so that says a lot right there.anyone else have an opinion on this?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I like the way the dashhawk looks better. and from what Falcon said I would rather have 0-60 times and all of that type of info over how many mpg I am using.... that is just me as I don't have either..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the way the dashhawk looks better. and from what Falcon said I would rather have 0-60 times and all of that type of info over how many mpg I am using.... that is just me as I don't have either..[/b]
yea i agree, the dash hawk looks better,0-60 and 1/4 times etc. are pretty cool features and supposedly it's quite accurate,thats wat originally caught my attention,but no one seems to have any first hand experience with that one.The scangauge's trip computer also looks to be a useful little tool...i'll have to do some more research on the 2 ......decisions,decisions

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
yea i agree, the dash hawk looks better,0-60 and 1/4 times etc. are pretty cool features and supposedly it's quite accurate,thats wat originally caught my attention,but no one seems to have any first hand experience with that one.The scangauge's trip computer also looks to be a useful little tool...i'll have to do some more research on the 2 ......decisions,decisions[/b]
Just hit up google or amazon or something and see if there are any user reviews on the product....

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I have the scanguage, I can say it is the BEST investment EVER for my car. I've gotten 3 CEL lights so far, and I've looked at the code, then looked online at mazda6tech.com and found what the code is. There is a bunch of feautres on it as well. Things like airflow temps, voltage readings, ignition readings, RPM readings, MPH readings, MPG readings, and some others I wouldn't know. It is a great investment dude, you won't regret buying!

G

·
I run the ScanGauge II on my Miata full time because I really like to monitor my coolant temperature and intake air temp at the track. The later Miata temperature "Gauge" is damped down so that you you really only get three data points: Cold, Warm, and Dude you just bought a new engine. I also use the fuel computer because I think it's cool to watch my mileage go from 9 MPG to 250 MPG based on how I'm driving.

The DashHawk was only introduced a few months ago according to their web site. Don't expect too many users reviews yet. It's also $300, so it better give me 10 more MPH at the end of VIR's front straight, and mix an awesome gin martini. :rolleyes: Of course, it's also way to big for a Miata interior, but I could be just right in the 6.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed in either.
Ben

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.