Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poster by the name of andrewlewis8448 is trying to peddle off pictures of cheap eBay knockoff MSDS headers, and scam people out of 400 bucks.

He reached out to me two weeks ago and said he had a set and they were for sale. Sent me pics, never a single pic of them currently, just some photos from a contour owner forum. Never gave me the right information.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS SCUMBAG.

[email protected] is the email used as well

·
Rally Racer
2,650 Posts
Did you buy them and not receive what was expected?
Is it possible that "he" did not have a picture available of the current ones (parked car, night time, stored at different location, etc...) so pics of "what they look like for fit" were sent?

Just saying, it's a big step to defame someone... 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, if you've looked for headers, you've probably been on a contour forum reading about fitment and quality. It's the same pics you get when you Google MSDS headers for ford duratec 3.0. he also hasn't responded to any of my email about not paying until I see the y pipe. Simple request. Hell, he could have taken the pic from under the car and I wouldn't have given two shits. I just wanted a pic of everything he said he was selling.

Trust me, if it wasn't a scam, there would have been more communication, and the transparency would have been there. He obviously was trying to hide something, and I saw right through that crap

·
Super Moderator
17,293 Posts
The use you're talking about joined 2 months ago, has not signed in for 11 days, and has not made a single post or reply or anything at all to contribute to this forum - While I feel bad if you've actually been scammed by someone, you must know that there's a set of rules members must follow to officially be able to sell things on here and, if they haven't abided by those, you're buying totally at your own discretion.

If you want to message me directly the conversations you had and the proof that it was a scam, I'd be happy to help you, but please don't publicly defame someone without any shred of proof (that happens enough in the world around us, don't need it here too).

·
Registered
668 Posts
Not that it matters, but I'm in the camp of if it looks like a scam and smells like a scam, 110% time it's a scam.

The chances that he's going to suddenly reappear and become an invaluable member of the site is less than 0%, but no matter. I don't have a horse in the race.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been scammed before, not on this forum, and it smells bad like a scam. Email him and ask to purchase a set of headers. You'll smell it by the forth or fifth email.

Wanted my mailing address and said he would have a tracking number before even asking fo payment.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you're interested, you could have him sell through a service like eBay. They have a guarantee if you don't get what you paid for. There's also Mercari, They give the buyer 3 days to confirm the item is as described before releasing payment to the seller. If he won't sell on either platform, then I would forget it. Not that it's proof it is a scam, but if he or she doesn't want to give the buyer some protection, then the buyer doesn't need to buy the item. You could even offer to pay the listing fee. There are also services that the buyer can ship to, and you send payment to the service. They make sure it meets the description before shipping to you and before they send the payment. I don't remember what they are called nor how much they charge but they exist to assure the buyer they'll get what they're paying for.

But I agree that it sounds like a scam because of the lack of communication and the use of stock photos, if I understood the original post.

Donald

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alert, another poster with zero posts and just joined yesterday is trying to get me to email outside the forums for MSDS v6 headers...AGAIN. different username and email, but same bullshit.

Name: seanreal
Email: [email protected]

·
Administrator
8,503 Posts
If you or anyone else gets any more of these spam emails, messages, or the like, report them ASAP. @Byakuya and I will do our best to keep this sh!t controlled, but we don't know what's going on if we're not told when it's happening.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Yet another scammer!!

JoeS is user name
[email protected]- email

I'm never asking for a deal on used headers again lmao!!. I've now got 3 scammers in my mailbox.
Is it possible that these usernames are one single person?

The sentence sounds off, plural form then singular...

Let me rephrase it!

Is it possible that the same person who contacted you first is using multiple usernames?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts