Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the M6 live for the first time this weekend at tha Northeastern Auto Show. Beautiful!! I have to say the rear tailights don't look that bad in person...they didn't seem to buldge as much and they weren't so totally red as they appeared in some of the pics I've seen. The messed up thing is that they had it on a rotating stand so I couldn't sit in it. The Mazda rep that was there didn't know too much though. He hadn't seen the hatch yet....he said he hasn't even seen a picture of it?!?!? :sarc

Other cars that really impressed me where the A4 and the BMW 325. The BMW may not have had the coolest interior design, but it's fit and finish where great, everything felt good to the touch. The Audi's interior was incredible! You can't really appreciate it in pictures.. you have to actually sit in it an start feeling everything and pushing buttons and all. Wish I could have sat in the 6 and felt around. I'm gonna have to wait for another.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'saw the M6 live..'

Both Audi A4 and BMW 325 have nice interiors, with good quality materials. But I find them both quite boring actually. The Mazda6 is much more exciting.

·
Registered
837 Posts

I thought the BMW interior was pretty cheap actually. It does not have the nice soft touch that you find in Audi or Honda. Honda has this it down pact. They have perfected buttons and feel of the plastic for many years now.

The A4 is best of both world providing very nice feeling to the buttons and interior design. It is very pleasing to the eye.

Too bad A4 has too much talk about electric problems. I don't know from my own experience but that is what's passed around on the net. But they do have the nicest and most features interior wise in the market. Where else can you pick up a entry level luxury with all 4 windows with power up/down controls???

I was going to pick up an A4 but the dealer I talked to was just not very flexible with pricing and stingy with trade in value. Too bad for them, I now will pick up an M6 or perhaps an Acura TSX. I will stick to Japanese brand since they seem to give me the best luck with little problems.

It will not be the North American Honda Accord. I have swear not to buy that ugly sedan no matter how good it drives and it does drive well. I have driven an ugly duckling for too long for me to get another one. My current 1994 Volvo 960 may stand out among the crowd but it just does not stand out in my eyes. :)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by hieppo
Where else can you pick up a entry level luxury with all 4 windows with power up/down controls???[/b]
How about with Mazda6??? :D

Anyway - if you buy a Volvo, that's good for the Swedish economy. And that is, in turn, good for me. Go buy another Volvo!

Nah, just kidding. Go for the 6 - most bang for the buck. And one great drive also!!!:D

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Originally posted by Matt

Other cars that really impressed me where the A4 and the BMW 325[/b]
Have you never seen those cars before!?????[/b][/quote]

Of course I've seen them.. This was my first time sitting inside and fooling around with the new versions. Go easy.

·
Registered
355 Posts

Both Audi A4 and BMW 325 have nice interiors, with good quality materials. But I find them both quite boring actually. The Mazda6 is much more exciting.[/b]
I have test driven all these (and so many other cars) before ending up buying Mazda6. :D I considered BMW 325 really seriously over other cars, untill I went to test drive it... After 1 hour in it, and I was HAPPY TO GIVE IT AWAY. I have never got so bad vibes from first test drive. The problem wasn't the materials inside (they are great infact, just the inside design in ALL german cars is BORING)... The problem was the drivability. One factor was that I could never find a good adjustments for the seats, no matter what I tried...

Audi A4 (A6 gives more grand feel by the way) was better to drive than BMW, but the looks, so horrible that I could never imagine driving that for more than an hour... A6 is other story though, it looks better and drives nice, but then we were way over the budget level... :p As well as AUDI TT, which was FUN TO DRIVE, but not nice to drive... Maxda6 had it both, Fun and comfortable driving I have never felt before... But this is what I felt with it...

Also tried Nissan, Huyndai, Honda, Peugeot, Jaguar X-Type, VOLVO (S60 was the best with Mazda6 when we talk about drivability and comfort, so this time the looks & pricing took upper hand, and I can't blame the reputation of Mazda's quality - after all it is the only Japanese car brand still TOTALLY MADE IN JAPAN (Even if the main shareholder is FORD company - just like with Volvo cars). Even Volvo is not made so much in Scandinavia anymore... Add that to the Trivial Pursuit section. ;)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

That car that was my absolute favorite to sit in was the Honda S2000. I loved it's cockpit feel, small steering wheel, and elevated shifter. The interior was a real cool shade of purple to.

Oh, and the Mazda6 on display had two-tone cloth seats...black on the sides, dark grey in the middle. Looked real good.

·
Registered
355 Posts

Honda S2000???
Isn't that the car in my Gran Turismo game? Which cost $$$? ;)

I guess that is totally in different price group than M6?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Yes your right it's much more expensive. I wasn't trying to compare it to the 6... the Honda is a two seater anyway. I was rambling on about what I checked out at the car show. I guess I should've taken that comment to the the Other Cars forum :D

Alan

·
Registered
305 Posts

Ah, but the S2000's side sills are so high that you can't rest your arm on them while driving. Totally uncomfortable! If you're going for a two-seater, the Miata is SO much more fun to drive than an S2000 anyway... The S2000's faster, but the handling doesn't compare.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

I think the Audis are hot. I look foward to seeing a '6 at my local auto show - it may or may not be there. I will be quite disappointed if I do not have one by then and it is not there.

I think the interior of the S2000 is too plain. It sits nice and low which is cool, but I think it is quite devoid of any style. And digital dashes don't belong in sportscars, IMO.

·
Registered
13 Posts

The A4 has a lot going for it. I test-drove one. It weighs too much, which means the 4 cyl. engine is not strong enough and the 6 cyl. engine results in a car that weighs almost as much as an A6. I'm looking for a fast car that's light enough that a 4 cyl. engine will give it enough power. Also, the back seat of the A4 is too small (my sons are over 6 feet tall).

My son-in-law bought an A4 with CVT and loves it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.