Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw my first M6 at the dealer yesterday... The car looks damn good especially with the GFX package :p

The dealter had 4-5 cars and was only letting people who are ready to buy the cars at that time, test drive it. So couldn't test drive it :(

The cars in very limited quantities right now, so dealters are asking MSRP prices only. Maybe few hundered dollars here and there.... that's pretty much it. Has anyone been able to successfully negotiate a price significantly below (atleast $1000 less) MSRP in Canada? If yes, can you tell me the dealer... I am interested in any dealer in Ottawa or Toronto area.

Also, does anyone know the CAA dealter's price for M6. I am looking for GT-I4, fully loaded with GFX + bose + moonroof.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Saw my first 6 at the dealer... cool but expensive'

no luck here on the west......getting the car at msrp 34,060 coming in mid febish i already deposited an amount for the car but i have the right to see if i want it and if i don't want it i get all my money back

going to another dealer today to see if i can get some discount

·
Registered
240 Posts

Your best bet is through CAA which will refer you to Westown in Toronto (near Missisauga). Despite I did not buy there, through CAA was the best price I got for all my shopping which included Montreal and also Ottawa.

Good luck.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Reading Topic: Saw my first 6 at the dealer... cool but expensive

I did see the 6 in 4 dealerships today :

-Mazda de Laval (St-Martin St., Laval) - Redfire (with the sport kit)
-Mazda Duval (Boucherville) - Silver (no sport kit)
-Longueuil Mazda (Longueuil) - Black V6 (no sport kit)
-Mazda President (7050 boul. Henri-Bourassa, Anjou, Montreal) - silver (no sport kit)

I was outside so I didn't really see what were the options (it's closed on week-ends here).

I was really excited to see that. All those 4 are already sold. I can see that it's coming in little quantity. Mine was made on January 6th, but should be here in 2-4 weeks - I'm so anxious. I'll test drive it this week... hmmmmmmmmmm, cool!

·
Registered
31 Posts

Did anyone in the west coast (Greater Vancouver area) saw any Mazda6 at the dealers?

I am so excited to see the 6!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

nope i only know of three mazda dealers

metrotown, signature and wolfe.

i been to metrotown and signature and haven't seen any but they tell me the first batch of cars they are getting are in 2 weeks and mine is one of them!!! ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts

I got to test drive a manual GT-I4 with the GFX package. It was fine but I am looking for a little more omph, so I told the rep I was interested in the GT-6 but he kept trying to get me to switch to the 4 saying that they won't be selling alot of v6. What the f**k? Who cares. He said he has 4 I4 and only 1 Blue GS-6 (auto); but I can't test drive it mumbling something about people don't want cars with 300 km on 'em. Told him I won't buy until I have test driven the car. I insisted that I want to test drive the v6, he said in a couple of weeks. Anyways, I am very disapointed with the Ottawa dealers, I think it is time for a trip to TO.

·
Registered
391 Posts

Mac, he wanted to sell you a I4 because it's what they ordered massively in every dealership.

I think, like you said, that you'll have a better chance to test drive a V6 in Toronto... The best I could tell you is to call every dealership near you and ask for a test drive appointment. That way, if they can't, they'll tell you, and that will make you save some money (less expensive for a long distance call than a long distance ride...:) )

·
Registered
227 Posts

Honda and Toyota aren't going to budge on the price of the Accord or Camry, the 6 is more car than either by far why should they have to budge? There's no mark up on the cars to begin with. What are you going to buy in the mid-size class for less, a Chevy Malibu? Mazda dealers in Canada to not get "kickbacks" like some people on this board are stating. "kickbacks" are something the domestic dealers get. They have to drop the price $4000 to sell their POS cars. The Mazda dealer and their staff have a right to make a decent living too. The cars are fairly priced, period.

·
Registered
391 Posts

Guys, I just did a test drive with the 6 (V6 auto) SOOOOOOO NICE!!!!

GS V6 auto, no options. I have nothing else to say more than others who tried the 6, except I really like it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH YEAH!

The interesting thing is that the interest rate for 4 years rent is 7,0% at that dealer (Mazda Canada interest rate) and not 7,5%. The salesman is even ready to lower the price. Very good.

All that made my day...

-I want mine...

·
Registered
16 Posts

What is the name of the dealer? Not very impressed with the 2 local Ottawa dealers :((

·
Registered
240 Posts

Originally posted by mac

What is the name of the dealer? Not very impressed with the 2 local Ottawa dealers :(([/b]
On you way back from Toronto, you may want to stop in Kingston and Belleville where you will find Mazda Dealers. There are plenty of Mazda Dealers around Toronto. But people in Central Ontario have found to get the best price, it is best to go through CAA http://www.central.on.caa.ca/ with their referral system: http://www.central.on.caa.ca/caarsmain.htm It is implied that you have to be a CAA member. But it might worth the cost of the cheap membership and save big on the car. If you do that consider that you will have to encounter some spending to drive to Toronto (two trips). So for $200 more I would buy locally (Ottawa-Gatineau). You may also want to check with Argus Mazda in Gatineau (Hull) but I personnally did not have success over there.

Good luck

·
Registered
16 Posts

I actually go up to TO every 6 weeks so it won't be that much of an inconvenience. Another incentive is that I can get a lot more money selling my Integra in TO then in Ottawa ($1,500 to $2,000 based on recent prices in Auto-trader).:D I will ask my dad (who is a member of CAA) to get a quote for the M6 for the Ottawa area to see if it is worth while to buy a membership for the extra discount.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts