Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a Mazda6 today. It was a beautiful redfire 6i, just sitting there saying "race me". The car was beautifully proportioned, and looked much smaller than physically smaller previous generation Accord that lofted next to it. The red stood out like a crayon in a pack of pencils. It had a gorgeous 3-tone beige interior, and looked to be mid-way through a nice aftermarket stereo installation. The car's lines just glimmered in the sun, with a sleek stance reminicent of a sprinter waiting for the gun. The taillights, resting above an intimidating dual exhaust, were given particular highlight-- almost as if the car knew it were the only side most would have a chance to see. It was a beautiful sight indeed.

...then I got in and drove to work =)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Reading Topic: Saw a Mazda6 today...

Is it possible to do stereo upgrades? I've never dealt with a car that had the stereo configured this way. I know the speakers have to be upgraded....would like to go back to MBQuart or Diamond series drivers as I had on my previous Jetta and Protoge. The Bose package is all right but sounds cheap with certain music.

Any thoughts and ideas are welcome.

·
Registered
514 Posts

Just wire in an amp into the preout section of the bose head unit. Any competent isntaller can locate these wires for you.

-Alt

·
Registered
286 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Saw a Mazda6 today...'

I just hope the weather is good this weekend so I can wash my car!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by Altersys

Just wire in an amp into the preout section of the bose head unit.  Any competent isntaller can locate these wires for you.

-Alt[/b]
The Bose has a preout? YEE-HA!!

Is this in the audio FAQ? It should be.

·
Registered
286 Posts

Are you sh!tt!ing me? There are preamp outs for the BOSE?!??!?! Hell, still have my old Pioneer amp 4x35 and 300w pioneer sub from my previous car. Time for some new speakers!!!! :)

·
Registered
980 Posts

I am pretty sure there is an amp pre-out. What I want to know is there a way to change the head unit?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by chindo

I am pretty sure there is an amp pre-out.  What I want to know is there a way to change the head unit?[/b]
Changing the head unit is easy. Mounting it to look good is a bit more difficult...you might want to wait for a dash kit to become available...

·
Registered
980 Posts

I see, but just wondering would there be a way to somehow route the wires so that the info from the head unit be displayed at the screen on top of the dash.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath for that, unless you're a whiz with electronics and circuitboards.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by applejax

Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath for that, unless you're a whiz with electronics and circuitboards.[/b]
...or you have very (I mean unusually, abomination-like) loungs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts