Mazda 6 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
@sav, nice car! the build is coming along nicely. you can use the Tanabe's on factory struts no problem if you want to, but I would suggest upgrading your struts to Bilstein B6 and put some corksport sway bars in there while you have the suspension taken apart.
Thanks! Yea, I've had the Tanabe's installed since 8/26/18 (if I'm remembering correctly), but will probably just hold off on struts/etc. for a bit, thanks for the suggestion tho, I'll look into those when I'm ready for some.

Great choice on the wheels! Funny enough I was looking at those exact same Vossen's for my car. Currently debating between those or Rohana RFX7's.
Those Rohana's are pretty nice, they look good in black. Honestly I didn't even know the CVT's came in black or I would've most likely gotten the black ones, they'd make my car look more aggressive. But I guess it's better that I went with the silver ones bcuz I could change them to black anytime :grin2:

I think deleting your second cat and adding an axle-back muffler would sound better than a muffler delete. or at least adding two resonators behind your exhaust tips to help filter the sound a bit.

To further clean up your car aesthetically, I would suggest the following:
I already got the muffler delete on 7/3/18 and was thinking of doing a custom setup (like with some resonators behind the tips), but just ended up going with the delete. I'll probably mess around with some custom exhaust stuff in the future.

As for those aesthetic touches you suggested, I can't see whatever they are. When I was looking on my phone it says, "Missing Image" and on my pc it shows nothing.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Just a couple of quick, new pics. Not much has been done since the last time I posted pictures, but I wanted to update the thread. Difference from last time is the Tanabe's are on, tint strip, and a muffler delete (new tips).

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Looks great. Love the tint. It's something I'm thinking of doing to my 2018, but by NY rules I'd have to remove it every time I get an annual inspection.

May do it anyway.
Thanks. So you can't have any tint in NY? We don't have inspections here and my tint is a little below legal limit but they don't really enforce the tint laws here. IMO, tinted windows look good and help with the sun; so if you have the money/are willing to pay twice a year for tints, then it's worth it.

Thanks. So you can't have any tint in NY?
You can, but only if you get some that allows 70% or more light through the side windows. I've seen film like that, and to me, it's worthless, since it's not much darker than the laminate on the side windows already. The rear window is no limit.

The law is pure bullsh!t, since for trucks and SUVS, rear side tint is allowed if you have both side mirrors. That purely discriminates against sedan/coupe drivers!

Either enforce the same tint laws for ALL passenger vehicles equally, or don't enforce them at all!

And yeah, it really wasn't a problem having tint, as it's not a primary offense to be pulled over for. But when the law changed to require tint measuring as part of the yearly inspection, that's when it became a problem.

Yet another reason why the state government is a joke, and Adolf Cuomo and his buddies are running us into the ground. But I digress...

...so if you have the money/are willing to pay twice a year for tints, then it's worth it.
Not to me. That's another expense to have, only to have it removed. Then you have to deal with the adhesive residue, the PITA to reach to install it correctly, the same PITA to reach and remove it...

Discussion starter · #27 ·
You can, but only if you get some that allows 70% or more light through the side windows. I've seen film like that, and to me, it's worthless, since it's not much darker than the laminate on the side windows already. The rear window is no limit.

The law is pure bullsh!t, since for trucks and SUVS, rear side tint is allowed if you have both side mirrors. That purely discriminates against sedan/coupe drivers!

Either enforce the same tint laws for ALL passenger vehicles equally, or don't enforce them at all!

And yeah, it really wasn't a problem having tint, as it's not a primary offense to be pulled over for. But when the law changed to require tint measuring as part of the yearly inspection, that's when it became a problem.

Yet another reason why the state government is a joke, and Adolf Cuomo and his buddies are running us into the ground. But I digress...
Wait, so that'd mean that 30% tint is allowed, right? IMO, 30% isn't too bad, compared to no tint at all, but that's just me. I'm on 20% all around (legal is 24%, SUV's are 24% on front 2 windows-no limit on rear 5, not sure about trucks). But yea, I agree that it should be the same for all cars, I don't get why a SUV can have limousine tints on all the rears but a sedan can't.. :confused:

Not to me. That's another expense to have, only to have it removed. Then you have to deal with the adhesive residue, the PITA to reach to install it correctly, the same PITA to reach and remove it...
That's why I said if you have the money/are willing to pay twice a year. Not sure if NY2018 meant DIY, but I was talking about taking it to a shop and having them do it (twice a year), which here would be $400 a year, most likely even discounted for going multiple times; so if you have the money and really want tinted windows, then I don't see why not. Obviously at the end of the day it comes down to your own opinion, how much you really want tinted windows, your income, etc.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
What a difference the lowering springs make. Looks so much better. Small touches (muff tip-tint strip) are a nice finishing touch as well.

Will be interested if you end up with any suspension issues.... 4K miles on this one (ours) and all is well.
Yea the springs definitely made a difference, but tbh I'd like it to be a bit lower. Not sure if I'm going to try and sell the Tanabe's and get some different springs/coilovers, or just use the Tanabe's for a while then get some new ones, idk lol.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Not the update I would've liked to have made, but it is what it is. Front and back passenger side; this is after about 5 months of them being on :/
This happened Sunday night, after my car was borrowed to go out of town to do something, but I didn't notice until last night (Monday) when changing wheels back to my oem ones for the winter..

Front

Back

Discussion starter · #33 ·
How much do you think that's going to cost to fix?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I contacted a place about 3 hours away who said something like $170 per wheel, but they want pics of the damage, so I'm not sure if the price might increase depending on how bad they think my damage is or maybe increase because they're Vossens? Not sure, I haven't sent the pics or told them the brand yet.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
So, you decided to go for OVT instead of DRT...
Yup, I did.

What happened to your rim? Was it repaired?
The person who borrowed my car said someone was going into their lane so they had to try and avoid them and in the process scraped the wheels on the curb. Not repaired, I haven't decided on what I'm going to do yet.

One of my friends bought recently a Mazda 6. Incredible car. Interesting investment. I know that now we have some hard moments but making a good investment is really important. I would like to make such an investment too. I even started to read more about this and found this site themoneymix.com. There I read everything about investment and even how to receive a passive income. You know it is not so easy to find the correct way to make an investment. I guess that this will be my next goal.

One of my friends bought recently a Mazda 6. Incredible car. Very good investment.
Resurrecting a thread from a year and a half ago to post something with broken english and completely off topic - A bot I sense.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.