Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

brought myself a Mazda6 2013 SEL-NAV 2.2D a few days ago. I went to use the in built satnav today and nothing happened I tried both buttons (the one on the actual screen area and the one on the control console)

Is it as simple as buying a SSD card online and inserting it ? If so where do I insert it ?

I have looked online and can’t seem to find any information. One YouTube video I watched so it in a compartment under the i-stop turn off button and tyre pressure reset button but I opened the compartment and nothing is there.

any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

Joe

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
No, not as simple as buying one somewhere, you have to get a genuine Mazda SD card, or it wont work or wont work right. Be prepared to pay a bit of money...and you cant use a used one cause they lock to teh VIN in like 30 mins of use. On my 3 its under the radio, some are in the same place and others are in the console. Usually right next to the AUX and USB ports.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Talon, have seen some on eBay that are “genuine Mazda” only about £30 but all the reviews are good and say they work so was going to try one (can always return it if it doesn’t work right)

the issue is even if I get it I have no idea where to put it. I will have a look on my radio in the morning but pretty sure I didn’t see it there either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts