Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to get satellite radio after my company car had one. I know Mazda uses Sirius but is there a way to get XM? I'm not looking for a portable one, I want one so I can use the steering wheel controls. I went to best buy and the pamphlet said to contact the dealer. Or should I just buy a receiver and get it installed?

·
Registered
133 Posts
:yesnod: What year is your Mazda6? I have XM and Sirius in difference vehicles. Since I primarily listen to music (60s & 70s) it doesn't matter who provides the service. If you have a 2005-2007, factory Sirius would be the most cost effective, easiest, and you'll retain the factory steering wheel controls. If you go with an aftermarket radio, you'll need a Metra dash kit, is it now available for the 2007? If you still want XM, consider an aftermarket satellite add-on kit until a factory style XM kit is available for the the Mazda6. They're cheap, super easy to install, and you'll retain the use of your steering wheel controls other than channel selection. I switched from XM to Sirius at work so I could listen to Howard Stern. I quickly realized his show SUCKED. I quit listening to the show before my Sirius receiver was struck by lightening. I quickly went back to XM.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
this exact thread seems to pop up about every three to four weeks. please search and you'll find about a dozen threads.

i've also had both, i much prefer XM. it's kinda like asking which is better Coke or Pepsi? you'll get about as many opinons as posters.

·
Registered
83 Posts
it's kinda like asking which is better Coke or Pepsi? you'll get about as many opinons as posters.
[/b]

Exactly. I happened to get Sirius instead of XM just by chance(my dad got it for me for Christmas last year). I like Sirius, and have listened to XM, and I'd never make the jump over to XM. Satellite radio is pretty good, but to be honest, I flip around channels a lot looking for songs that I like. In my opinion, if you have a pretty expansive music collection on your computer, and some type of MP3 player, go that route. I pretty much use satellite radio to try and listen to newer songs, so I can then go home and buy the song on itunes(hah).

I don't think you're really going to regret going either way by choosing XM or Sirius.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this exact thread seems to pop up about every three to four weeks. please search and you'll find about a dozen threads.

I have searched the older threaads but wanted to see if anyone had any new insight on this. I know since the last threads people have probably tried new things and had new experiences.

Exactly. I happened to get Sirius instead of XM just by chance(my dad got it for me for Christmas last year). I like Sirius, and have listened to XM, and I'd never make the jump over to XM. Satellite radio is pretty good, but to be honest, I flip around channels a lot looking for songs that I like. In my opinion, if you have a pretty expansive music collection on your computer, and some type of MP3 player, go that route. I pretty much use satellite radio to try and listen to newer songs, so I can then go home and buy the song on itunes(hah).

I don't think you're really going to regret going either way by choosing XM or Sirius.
[/b]
I am actually one of the anti IPod people. It just never stuck with me. I have a old MP3 player that I love and won't make the switch. Anyway I like the sports package on XM and love O&A. They do mornings on the regular radio and then switch over to XM. And I think they do replays throughout the day. I'm not opposed to Sirius, but if I had a choice I'd go with XM.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Sirius for me. I had XM for almost 2 years and switched when Howard moved to Sirius. I love Howard, but even the music seems to be better on Sirius.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have XM in all my vehicles except for the MS6. Cant wait until its available for it.

I just actually want to stick with XM because I already have an account with XM. And they havent done me wrong yet. Not in a hurry either getting it in the MS6. But when its avail....I'll def. be all on it.

I'm sure you cant go wrong with either of the two.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts