Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to move to the San Diego area in a few months and was just wondering what kind of job opportunities are available. it's a big city so there's quite a bit of job offerings i know, but what's the pay like? where i'm from $5.50 is usually what people start out with that have no experience.

i have experience with computers and more specifically linux. i have been doing that for about 6 months now. i also have a very significant amount of experience with animals as a vet tech and working with PetSmart.

i know that was a pretty broad question, but i'm just trying to get some ideas of what's out there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looking to move to the San Diego area in a few months and was just wondering what kind of job opportunities are available. it's a big city so there's quite a bit of job offerings i know, but what's the pay like? where i'm from $5.50 is usually what people start out with that have no experience.

i have experience with computers and more specifically linux. i have been doing that for about 6 months now. i also have a very significant amount of experience with animals as a vet tech and working with PetSmart.

i know that was a pretty broad question, but i'm just trying to get some ideas of what's out there.
[/b]

San Diego is full of opportunity. They have some tons of IT opportunity you just have to put yourself outhere and sell it. Here are a few places to go thru if looking for work. Check out monster.com, careerbuilder.com, signonsandiego.com. check these places and type in san diego for the location. There should be something out there for you. good luck!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts

[/b]

having sex with sheep doesnt count... :p

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
My company is looking for some IT people, and if you are looking for something else, my boss is on the sandiego tech counsulting board. He has a lot of contacts for you.

That said, it will be cool to have another active member in the area.

·
Registered
795 Posts
San Diego is a real expensive place to live in. I mean the cost of living out here is crazy. Gas prices for Chevron 91 octane is $3.69. i filled up my MS6 for $52. You need a pretty good payin job just pay for rent and im talkin anywhere from 12-16 an hour. I make double that and im scrapin by with my car payment and mortgage. But you can't beat the wonderful weather out here oh and especially the women!!!

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
There are quite a few research facilities in the area that hire animal techs if you want to go that route. IT is also very large, hell Qualcomm is based here, tons of stuff with them. As was said, minimum here is $6.75, though with experience you can easily make a few more than that. San Diego is no more expensive to live in than OC or LA, its all about what part you pick to live. Sure BUYING a house isn't realistic anywehre in SoCal, but you can find reasonable apartments or even houses to rent, and there are plenty of younger (and even up to late 20's) people looking for room mates.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm supposed to be moving up there with somebody. when it gets a little closer to time to leave i'll talk to her about getting an apartment together. minimum wage here is $5.50 and i am well above that. $6.75 would make me cry.

i'm probably going to make more money going the IT route instead of with animals...so if you can get me some hook-ups that would be sweet, Matt.

and Jason, it wasn't a sheep...it was a goat. get it right

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
i'm supposed to be moving up there with somebody. when it gets a little closer to time to leave i'll talk to her about getting an apartment together. minimum wage here is $5.50 and i am well above that. $6.75 would make me cry.

i'm probably going to make more money going the IT route instead of with animals...so if you can get me some hook-ups that would be sweet, Matt.

and Jason, it wasn't a sheep...it was a goat. get it right
[/b]

same area of animal..four legs, furry and live's on a farm! lol

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Its one L bitchface :p

polo, my friend just got hired with no experience as a computer tech at Northrup Grumman for $23 an hour here in SD :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
9 Participants
pololance6i
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing