Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked this up today.... awesome phone. It has a 1.3MP camera, 4x zoom, bluetooth, EDGE, video record and playback, interchangeable memory card, amazing screen... it's bad ass.

only one drawback... 379.99 invoice price...

Samsung T809

all in all a good buy

paul

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I was playing around with that phone when I was shopping for a new phone a month and a half back. It was nice, different, and it looked great. Sadly, the price was obscene and I ended up going with the RAZR.

·
Registered
490 Posts
just picked this up today.... awesome phone. It has a 1.3MP camera, 4x zoom, bluetooth, EDGE, video record and playback, interchangeable memory card, amazing screen... it's bad ass.

only one drawback... 379.99 invoice price...

Samsung T809

all in all a good buy

paul
[/b]
I looked at it. I liked it as it works with the Speed6 Bluetooth setup on the radidio.
Yet, I can't get that OR any other top line phone which will do what I want ...... :tear:
Why???? They all come with those stinkin Camera's!!! As My position would be compromised.
I don't WANT to be a HILTON look alike! Hell, I am not even a woman! Well, maybe a lesbian at heart though ;)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I have owned nothing but Samsungs and Motorolas, ever. I believe Samsungs are some of the best all around phones out there. Moto's have great aesthetics but phone functions always leave me :headscrat: - form before funtion, I guess.

I just left Verizon to pick up Sprint due to an absolutely insane plan they are offerring - unlimited data/internet access, picture and video messaging, email and instant messaging, along with all the normal things (VM, 3-way calling, etc) for $30 a month. Besides that, my nights and weekends start at 6pm, I get 500 free txts a month, and first incoming minute free. Between the two Sammy phones - the A900 (aka, the BLADE) and the 920, I opted for the 920 because I actually need battery life and removeable media. That phone is by and far THE best phone I have ever owned.

I haven't seen the phone you just posted but it looks sweet. Nice screen on it. Aside from that, I think my phone has everything it has. Plus, I have the CTU office phone ringer! :nana:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have owned nothing but Samsungs and Motorolas, ever. I believe Samsungs are some of the best all around phones out there. Moto's have great aesthetics but phone functions always leave me :headscrat: - form before funtion, I guess.

I just left Verizon to pick up Sprint due to an absolutely insane plan they are offerring - unlimited data/internet access, picture and video messaging, email and instant messaging, along with all the normal things (VM, 3-way calling, etc) for $30 a month. Besides that, my nights and weekends start at 6pm, I get 500 free txts a month, and first incoming minute free. Between the two Sammy phones - the A900 (aka, the BLADE) and the 920, I opted for the 920 because I actually need battery life and removeable media. That phone is by and far THE best phone I have ever owned.

I haven't seen the phone you just posted but it looks sweet. Nice screen on it. Aside from that, I think my phone has everything it has. Plus, I have the CTU office phone ringer! :nana:
[/b]
Damn man - how did you get that plan? Can you link to it? Or did you stop by a store?

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
You get what you pay for in service...

As far as the phone, what is EDGE?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
You get what you pay for in service...

As far as the phone, what is EDGE?
[/b]
Are you talking about actual phone service or customer service or both? I used the phone a lot in the 14 day "trial" period and there's ample coverage everywhere I need it. If not, free roaming is also included in the plan. In addition, the new EvDo network is available every place I need it locally - which means high speed internet and content streaming to my phone, anytime. As far as customer service, I got those additional free options with little problem and I only just signed up. Any other dealings I've had in the past 3 weeks were great. :)

The phone above is really interesting. I wish it wasn't on T-Mo's GSM as I'm looking into opening up a second line.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EDGE is basically technology that allows you to browse the internet faster on mobile phones... it's up to 10X's faster that standard GPRS wireless connections.

VDUBS, the t809 has removeable media feature too. it takes those microSD cards. supports up to a gig... which right now is the largest MicroSD available...

my only complaint with the t809 is the battery life. 3 hrs talktime and 6 day standby is just average.. nothing special.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I think I get it - EDGE is to T-Mobile where V-Cast is to Verizon and Power Vision is to Sprint. It's the new EvDo network they are rolling out. It's the shit.

I am actually thinking about picking up a PPC-6700 - the slide out PDA/phone. Basically, it's the last phone on the Sprint network that will actually let you tether without getting caught. Aside from connecting at broadband like speeds anywhere in the EvDo network on the phone's Windows Mobile OS and/or by using its WiFi access, I can connect it to a laptop and get broadband access on the go. You gotta love technology these days.

How's the offerings on the Edge network?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think cell phones are just starting to become worth their options. Meaning that high end cell phones from just a year ago, still had crappy digital camera's. Bland blurry screens, and limited sound quality and storage.

I don't know, maybe I'm one of the few people who See's a cell phone as simply a way to have mobile communication. Although i do use the calculator on my phone to figure out my gas mileage, and calculate tips and stuff.

I have a 5 mega pixel camera for picture, and it has a video mode for taking Video clips. So i don't need a phone with those options. Well i have a camera phone, but its horrible!

Picture messaging, and now video messaging are great features. But how many people actually use them? I'm sure there are those out there who do.

And how many people use their phone as an alarm clock? I swear, if people could climb inside their cell phone and go to sleep and shower, they would LIVE in them!! lol

Oh yeah.. a friend of mine got the Razor OoO_OoO! Shiny!

I wonder how long it will take before its all scratched to hell, the battery dies, and along comes another 200$ phone to replace it! :p

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my wife has the razor and it's pretty durable. alot of people say is super fragile, but so far it's held up great. she got it like the month it came out and paid full price for it...

i like the aluminum case also..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just got a new phone myself, the Sony Ericcson W600i. Very, very nice swivel phone, walkman, every damn thing you could want.
[/b]
I'm waiting for the SE W810i, it was just released last month so ppl who have it still are working through bugs and firmware updates. So once that is through I might pick up one up this summer, I dont mind paying the $400 or so for it on ebay for an unlocked one. 2PM cam with autofocus/flash, removable media up to 2GB, speakerphone, blah blah bla. I dont have an ipod, and my digital camera is nice (got it like 3yrs ago) but its bigger because it has a 10x optical zoom, etc so its not very convenient (not pocket size). With this 810 phone I would be able two wrap these 2 into 1 plus have a phone.
In the mean time I picked up the free (after rebate) SE Z520a through Cingular because my old nokia was about done (it was the old TDMA not GSM so coverage was getting sucky, I had to switch). I like it works great for now, only 16mb internal storage though...

But I got WAY off topic, let me fix that... Yeah my friend got the T809, I like it too and was considering it, but I wanted at least an autofocus camera and Cingular (not T-mobile like her phone)

ppl check out this site www.gsmarena.com lots of helpful info and reviews..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
cmo1234
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing