Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be purchasing the ETS TMIC and would like to source the correct size Samco hoses for the swap.
AutoExe sells them in blue for 140 bucks through SU but I'm sure I can buy a straight section and a basic 45 degree for far less with better color options direct from Samco.
There have been other threads about this but I never heard anyone actually get them.

My question is:
Has anyone taken their hoses off and have a good measurement of the lengths and inside diameters of the hoses?
Maybe someone just has the specs?

I could remove them for this task obviously but thought I'd ask before I do so.

Either way, I'll certainly post my findings in terms of where to buy them and how much I paid.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I will be purchasing the ETS TMIC and would like to source the correct size Samco hoses for the swap.
AutoExe sells them in blue for 140 bucks through SU but I'm sure I can buy a straight section and a basic 45 degree for far less with better color options direct from Samco.
There have been other threads about this but I never heard anyone actually get them.

My question is:
Has anyone taken their hoses off and have a good measurement of the lengths and inside diameters of the hoses?
Maybe someone just has the specs?

I could remove them for this task obviously but thought I'd ask before I do so.

Either way, I'll certainly post my findings in terms of where to buy them and how much I paid.[/b]
I don't know how much they'd charge for them, but ATP could probably package something up for you? THey've got plenty of different colors, and might be cheaper than $140.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try them.....Thanks!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I subscribed to that thread....but I see no reason to wait for two hoses
You don't need tons of interest to have a set sourced/manufactured since these hoses are not unique in size and should be easy to source.
I obviously don't know that for sure but I'm a betting man.

I've contacted ATP as suggested and still want to get the dimensions of the factory units to get pricing and availability on Samco hoses.

My guess is that we can get these two hoses shipped to our doors for less than 80 beans....we'll see

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
ATP's TMIC will be done end of this month if you want to wait. Just in case it might be better/cheaper.

They may also include hoses, not sure yet.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I subscribed to that thread....but I see no reason to wait for two hoses
You don't need tons of interest to have a set sourced/manufactured since these hoses are not unique in size and should be easy to source.
I obviously don't know that for sure but I'm a betting man.

I've contacted ATP as suggested and still want to get the dimensions of the factory units to get pricing and availability on Samco hoses.

My guess is that we can get these two hoses shipped to our doors for less than 80 beans....we'll see[/b]
Whoosh, from what I gather StreetUnit will have the hoses ready in less than 2 weeks, and I think there might even be a nice package deal when combined with the ETS TMIC...

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whoosh, from what I gather StreetUnit will have the hoses ready in less than 2 weeks, and I think there might even be a nice package deal when combined with the ETS TMIC...[/b]

cool
I saw that reply from the SU guy.
He said like 80 bucks for the kit with clamps which I'll most likely buy.
I wanted Samco simply because they are the best and you can pick your color. No, I don't "need" Samco hoses in a strange color but I wanted them.
The cool guys at ATP were nice enough to e mail me the stock hose specs so I checked into Samco custom hoses in those sizes and can get both hoses shipped to my door for less than 60 bucks. I picked purple as a test order which will be a 4-6 week wait. The standard blue-red-black can be had right away though.
Now that price is w/o clamps which will bump up the total project price. I want the t-bolt style which are 6-8 bucks each so now I'm approaching 100 bucks for the hoses and clamps. So basically if Street Unit's kits have the right kind of clamps I'll buy a red or blue set from them to go along with my ETS TMIC

Thank you everyone for your help and comments....

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've contacted ATP as suggested and still want to get the dimensions of the factory units to get pricing and availability on Samco hoses.[/b]
So if you were to share those dimensions with the more brave parts of the class?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So if you were to share those dimensions with the more brave parts of the class?[/b]
my policy is to share and help in any way, any time...

The straight section hose is 2 1/2" ID
The 45 degree section has a 2 1/8" ID
I didn't receive the lengths but that should be easy to measure.
I will measure them this weekend unless someone has those measurements....

·
Registered
188 Posts
my policy is to share and help in any way, any time...

The straight section hose is 2 1/2" ID
The 45 degree section has a 2 1/8" ID
I didn't receive the lengths but that should be easy to measure.
I will measure them this weekend unless someone has those measurements....[/b]

Awesome, thanks. I think it's going to snow here, or I would see what I can dig up and fit in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts