Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

I can't wait for SAGA's new studio album "MARATHON", it should be released on February 17th, and the new DVD "SILHOUETTE" should be out in February too. With Remasters and new albums and DVD's and upcoming tours. It's a great time to be a SAGA fan!!!

I hope they come back to Canada for a summer tour. I seen them at the Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto back in August and it was an awesome show!!!

THE SAGA CONTINUES.... ! :)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'SAGA / MARATHON & SILHOUETTE'

Yes, I look forward to those too.

SAGA has had their biggest success in Germany and Sweden, and they play here almost every year. But Sweden is a big country and I live far away from those places where they use to play.

I haven't seen them since 1985 live...:sarc

However, I have all their records. They are not only the best Canadian rock band ever, they are THE rock band.

My personal favourite record is the somwhat Pink-Floyd-ish "Generation 13". A very strong album. But it's hard to pick your favourites when all they do is so great.

SAGA forever!!!!:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Generation 13 is awesome!!

I love every album, they all have different elements. Even Pleasure & The Pain which usually ranks worst among fans, has some pretty cool moments on that disc!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yes me too. When the World's apart album came out, it was heavily criticised, but I love that album.

Heads or Tales was also very criticised, but I like that one too. SAGA always develop their music one step further, and often when you listen to a new album for the first time it's kind of a shock. "I don't like it!" is the feeling after the first listen, it's so different, so strange.

But then you listen again. And again. And you just can't stop listening. I love it how you keep discovering new sounds and things in the sound image years after you heard the album for the first time...

I could go on for hours. Better stop now.:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

News from the official site...

A GIFT FROM THE BAND

December 25th, 26th and 27th at SAGA-WORLD.com we have a special Christmas present from the band to you!! The band is giving you 3 samples from Marathon and they will only be available online for these 3 days, so you won't want to miss it!!! In order to be prepared for this present we urge you to download the Macromedia Flash Player for your web browser. It is a small download and will automatically be installed into your browser, which will enable you to recieve your present from the band. To download the Flash Player Plugin for your browser go to the following link and clicking on "Macromedia Flash Player Install Now" at Macromedia.com/downloads

The official radio station of SAGA has been re-opened and is back on the airwaves! If you have cable or higher internet connection you can tune into this online radio station for some of the best progressive music out there. You can even request your favourite songs at their website! Check them out at
Progrock.com!

AWESOME!!! :)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yeah, I got that e-mail too. That's fun. Mustn't miss that!!!:D

Merry Christmas, Ellery!

...and the SAGA continues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts