Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Unfortunately the cost to replace the transmission or the engine on any Gen I is usually not worth it unless you do the work yourself... so sadly the only option is the junkyard.
18 months ago when I was looking to buy my 6 I came across many Gen I's with a bit more wear an tear than average or with the CEL ON with an asking price anywhere between $500 and $1500, and the adds were up for months so likely, those running vehicles were also scrapped.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I always get sad seeing all the cars scrapped in the yards. Where did you see that speed at (city, state) @Nascar1555 ? I'm hunting down some parts for a project I'm working on and all the speeds I see are on the east coast it seems.

·
Registered
941 Posts
If my car does not pass emissions testing next year, and it is likely it will not, I will be parting out my car. They are worth more in parts than they are as a whole car.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
I had to sell mine outside the six county Chicago area that emission tests. It would have met the same fate otherwise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I always get sad seeing all the cars scrapped in the yards. Where did you see that speed at (city, state) @Nascar1555 ? I'm hunting down some parts for a project I'm working on and all the speeds I see are on the east coast it seems.
Its at a local scrap yard here in town called L&L in paw paw michigan.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Well... almost the east coast from where I sit. Any chance it hast a Navigation unit in it? I'm after a Nav shift bezel from a speed 6.
Sadly it did not... If so I could have gotten that and shipped it to you
Thanks... I'm working on a tablet install in the speed 6 nav hood and will be using the remote in its cradle to control the tablet. Thus, a full factory looking tablet install in an 04 6s wagon.

Lots of little challenges in switching over the interior.

If you see one out there... let me know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts