Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have just been informed by my lovely bride to be that she curbed the mags on the new car. DOH..

Looks like I need to have the rim repaired and the tire replaced.

I have the stock rims with the 215/45 r18 93w Pzero Nero that come on my model.....

Any sugestions?

Looks like the CAI will have to wait.

She is lucky she is sexy and has boobs, blonde hair and stuff....

There is a good chunk out of the sidewall and the tire seems to looks air... over what is I am guessing a couple of days. I have been driving my work truck for a week, went to drive the car tonight and she says she doesn't know when it happened. must have had the music LOUD!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
but now you have an excuse to get new rims & tires :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Sorry to hear that!! :(
You can give my friend a call that works at volco tires, He does wheel repairs and probly give you a deal on the new tires as well.... He might have loaner wheels too but I'm not sure.
Ricky at volco tires
604-324-5999 732 SE Marine Drive.
Or He might be at the other store

604-270-4727 12291 Bridgeport Rd. Richmond

P.S. Just tell him Eric with the Mazda6 sent you. And I do have a pair of rims(245/45/17) on yokoA520's that I could lend you but pm's me for details.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
You can get 4 new aftermarket rims and tires, but it'll be much cheaper just to get a replacement rim from Mazda and buying one new tire. The rim probably costs $300 at most, and the tire probably around $200. Unless you were planning to get aftermarket rims in the first place.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I would stay away from dealer prices on the tires at the least....Get the rim from them if you want, but go another venue for the tires!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, talked to ricky, I am going to give hima call back on monday and get him to order the tire. he beat dealer by 60bux, AND they will mount em for nothing.

The rim is $300, I am paning on getting 19's in the summer, and this is the first scuff. Soooooo, I may just leave the rim for now.....

·
Registered
542 Posts
Good to hear, and I had no doubt in my mind that my buddy could smoke a dealers price on those tires!!
Yeah ricky is a good and knowledgable guy too, He's been in the import tuning scene for a long time now, dont forget to check out his turbo 240 while you are there...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts