Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right gang, here is the deal. I want to roll my rear fenders and I am looking to see if there is any interest in the Sacramento area for us to get together and get this done some time in December as a group. This would be a great chance for us to meet and get this project done. Would love to see those in the area who have already done this. It would be nice if we could knock a few cars out to spread the cost.

So....
-Is there any interest to get this done as a group?

-Does anybody know where we can get a fender-rolling tool that we can rent in this area? I am willing to pay the deposit and make the arrangements.

-December is the earliest that I can host this. I have a nice long drive-way and all the tools except for the roller. Will that work for anybody?

This is open for ideas and opinions so that we can get this together. Bay Area folks and all those willing to make the drive are absolutely welcome. Any ideas, interest, or other thoughts? Let's start to put this together so that we can meet one another and get a needed mod done. I'll be headed back to work in Louisiana for four weeks on Tuesday, but will be able to keep up with this on occasion to keep the ball running. Let's get together and have some fun Sac-town!

Regards, Jonathan

·
Registered
406 Posts
if you don't mind driving, you can do what rage did

get a group meet setup in the bay and i'll bring the roller.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That 's an option. At this point I am open for anything, and a caravan down to the Bay Area could be fun. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I would be down for a install meet. My rotora rotors, and hawk pads have been sitting in my room for very long time now.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Count me in! Bay area caravan or what ever. I called 5 body shops in Sac and found that NOBODY does fender rolling. I even had to explain to a few folks who answered the phone what I was asking to be done. Go figure?

I have read here on this forum that a few used a wooden baseball bat, rubber mallet and even a fat broom handle. I have all of those things at home except for the balls to to it without the right tool. I'll keep an eye here to see if the interest grows.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I need mine done as well but have never done it b4. I want to do the work myself I just need to see it done once. Im down for a meet here in Sac or where ever.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK guys, I'll look into getting the tool. If we get three to show up that'll work. I am 150 miles off-shore in the Gulf of Mexico right now and my internet connection is slow. I am open to using a bat or whatever, but there is a website that rents the tool, I'll have to see what the waiting list is like. My first choice is to get it done here in Sac. I will keep you posted as I can. Hopefully we can all have this done by the new-year!

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I emailed the guy who rents out the tool. I am seeing if I can reserve it for sometime in the middle of December. If we get it we'll have it for five days. I'm unafraid of going first.....seems like a no brainer if we take our time and heat up the paint. 6tech has a great how to.

Still thinking about a Bay Area run, but would love to get this done a little closer to home if possible. Like, in my drive-way, close.

I'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
949 Posts
yeah, i would be down to get my fenders rolled in the bay area or even sac. december sounds good once im done with finals

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I emailed the guy and he said that he can't promise the tool for any specific time in particular, but that most people don't roll their fenders this time of year due to the cold. Guess there are a few good things about living in Cali. I'll reserve it my last week on the boat here in the GOM and we'll get it done. I'll post here when I have an official date. The tool itself is pretty cheap, it's the deposit that'll kill ya! Comes with a heat gun also. If we can't get them all done at the same time I will have it for five days and we can work something out.

anotherM6: I think that you are in luck in the Bay Area, there are a few of the tools floating around there and the guys on that end seem really helpful. If you want to come up and make a drive out of it, you are more than welcome!

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll keep you posted. The more I read the more I fear the "baseball bat" fender roll. I don't think that I'd go first on that. Talk to you all soon.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
if you don't mind driving, you can do what rage did

get a group meet setup in the bay and i'll bring the roller.
[/b]
looks like you have already been offered the roller to use if you drive down to the Bay

That is what I did and everything went great and was able to meet some nice members from the forums

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's the scoop....

Tool will be in the mail on the way to my house on Monday, and I should have it through next weekend (12/09 and12/10). I'll be free until 4pm Saturday and all day Sunday. If anybody is interested in using it next weekend, PM me and we'll work it out. Sunday would be best if a few of us want to get together at the same time. I'll have all the other tools needed. I'm headed back off-shore today and probably wont be able to firm things up until Thursday when I get home.

EDIT: Already got confirmation, tool will be on the road and headed to Sacramento on Monday, should arrive Thursday. Weekend fender roll is a GO! Hope that some of you can make it. Hoping to get together on Sunday, but lets get it done whenever you can make it while the tool is here.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^^^Sounds good. I'll PM you my number and give you directions. Late8 got his done already, but wants to meet up anyways. I'll be home Thursday if I can catch a chopper in from the rig. Friday at the latest. I PM'ed Fatboy, but no response yet. Hoping that he can make it. I'm guessing some time in the early afternoon, let the sun come out. We can use my garage even if it is raining, so it's all good. See you Sunday.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I'm still up for meeting you and others for the fender roll. Pm'ed you with my #'s. Looking forward to meeting fellow MS6's in Sac.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's on for Sunday around noon. Anybody interested in getting thier fenders rolled or just hanging out, PM me and I'll give you my ph# and adress so that you can mapquest it. Should be fun. Later, Jonathan

1 - 20 of 33 Posts