Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, Just wanting to inquire to make 100%.,,probably get flames since questions like this are frowned on. But I want to make 100% for sure before I do go through with it... an dI know theres alot of guys on here that know alot of this sort of stuff..

I have a friend that will sell me his stock S2000 wheels on Hoosier Slicks.

Just want to make sure these will fit the 6. Would like to use for Atuox next summer/spring. Dunno.. no other use for the hoosiers really.

Anyways here is what he gave me on the the tires. (he works at a tire shop and is trust worthy so I trust him)

16x7

bolt pattern 5x114.3

on Hoosier Slicks

I can't see why they would not fit... But I figured I would ask, just in case.. He is asking $550 for everything (completly brand new tires and almost brand new wheels no marks or scuffs, he took off his S2000)

I do not much about wheels/tires especially whats on the S2000 so I wanted to ask first ...

from what I found online about the stock S2000 wheels are this

stock they should be 16's , The rear is 7.5" wide (65mm off set) and the fronts are 6.5" (55mm offset).

·
Registered
286 Posts
Is staggered pattern going to work with AWD and the DSC?

My bad, I just realized you have a 6. So you want staggered pattern on a FWD? Do you have DSC?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is staggered pattern going to work with AWD and the DSC?

My bad, I just realized you have a 6. So you want staggered pattern on a FWD? Do you have DSC?
[/b]
I do not know if they are staggered. He sais he doesn't think they are. But the other info I posted on them is what I found online...

I'll just have to do a test fit and see......

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your previous post said 7.5 in the rear and 6.5 in the front right?
[/b]
Thats what I said I found online about them. He was at work at the time and did not have the exact bolt pattern or anything else on them. ..So while waiting I decided to look online. But I didn't get what year S2000 he had. I foudn the info for a 2002 S2000 stock 16's and thats what it said. So I assume these are the same.

When he gave me the info after he got home. He didn't say if they was staggered or not. When I asked, He said he would check and I havn't heard back yet so I am still waiting to hear back.... If they are, Couldn't I just run the larger on the front instead of the rear?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yeah, I think the stock s2k wheels are staggered. I've never heard of anyone using wider wheels in the front to be honest. There must be a reason for it. I'm sure some people here can explain why.

I believe your stock is 7" wide with 55 offset, right? So by going 7.5" with 65, the inside edge of your rim will be 10mm + 1/4" = 16mm closer to your suspension. The outside edge of the rim will be sticking in about 4mm from your stock. Then there is the tire you have to worry about too.

I would suggest to stay away from them. If you like the look of them may be you can find a set that looks similar and fits properly.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I think the stock s2k wheels are staggered. I've never heard of anyone using wider wheels in the front to be honest. There must be a reason for it. I'm sure some people here can explain why.

I believe your stock is 7" wide with 55 offset, right? So by going 7.5" with 65, the inside edge of your rim will be 10mm + 1/4" = 16mm closer to your suspension. The outside edge of the rim will be sticking in about 4mm from your stock. Then there is the tire you have to worry about too.

I would suggest to stay away from them. If you like the look of them may be you can find a set that looks similar and fits properly.
[/b]
I could care less about the rims look, so it's not that I like how they looked or nothing.... what made me want it was the slicks for next spring really.. I want a set of 16's on slicks. But I don't want to use my crap steelies you know... and he had those he offered so I figured. "Hell, if it fits I will just go that route for $550 for it all" But I wanted to post first just to make sure..

But if they won't work I will just go with another lighter set of 16's off tirereack on slicks instead to use.

·
Registered
780 Posts
i was gonna say that they should fit (just check the offsets) and slap the 7.5 tires in front and the 6.5 tires in back. I remmeber seeing another member running thick thick tires in front, 245's in front and 225's in back to be exact on the 16x8 rx7 wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts