Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of my ride. It is nothing all that exciting, stock except the tint, HID's, and LED tails. I have posted some random pics in other threads but got her all cleaned up last weekend and some new ones with my LED's and thought I would make a thread showing off my car.

Here she is,
DDM 6000K HID's fogs and low beams- "white" jdm 194 driving light.

Got her all cleaned up inside and out last weekend here are the pics from that, I use all Meguiar's products, 2.0 wash, clay bar, 105 cut and 205 finish polish with orbital polisher, then some cleaner wax. Inside I used Leather care on the seats cleaned up the floor mats with a carpet cleaner and wiped down all the plastic and vinyl with the low shine protector. Did the inside on Friday and the outside ALL DAY Saturday, about 9 hours worth.

Start of the day Saturday-

Inside all cleaned up-

Mid day after the wash-

End of day, after wash, polish, and wax-

My Fiance has a 3 so here are some "his and hers" pics-

And here are a couple of my tails, Everyone has seen this but whatever I felt like adding mine too =)

My 6000K HID's in the 6 and her 5000K HID's in the 3. Not dark enough to show the difference in color.

Hope you enjoyed!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, Thanks. I would love to dump like 5-6K into it do the veilside kit, some Tenzo 18's and a drop. But I can't slam it like yours ;) Mine is a daily driver and we have stuff called snow and pot holes here in Ohio. So it wouldn't be the smartest move to make.

And Yes the Lapis is definitely my favorite color on the 6. Although I am a big fan of the copper color as well, seeing as how I really like orange.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Trust me, Rockford is far from amazing when it comes to its roads. haha I don't know how he drives around town without getting a headache every time.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got my white 194 LED's and installed them in the front and rear map lights, the doors, and the license plate lights.

·
Registered
1 Posts
what % tint do u have? and also did u put the led194 inside the car on the door lights, is that what u meant by door lights, if so was it easy i lovr that look. i just bought my first mazda n getting ideas for mods.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see it's your first post welcome to the "club" I have 50% tint in the front and 35% tint in the rear. If I could go back I would either 35 all around or 35 fr and 20 rear.

As for the LED 194's, yes I put them in the door and the map lights inside front and back. Yep really easy the "how to" is here.... http://forum.mazda6club.com/interior-modifications/124669-how-change-inside-lights.html

Door lights are REALLY easy, litterly just pull them straight towards you when the door is open. Inside map lights are in the above right up.

and THANKS! I like the look too =)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Quick question. Do you still get the fade effect with the LED's?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep you sure do, Its a little faster but they still fade both on and off.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Where in 513 are you? Thats a big area like 859 ;)
haha I know what you mean, Im between Batavia and Eastgate, East side obviously :rolleyes:

Mazdaspeed Hatch/Wagon springs are you next mod. No exceptions! You need a drop baaaaad! Other than that the car is niiice!
I know... I know.... In the process of trying to buy a house so any pricy mods have to wait a little while. I have said before I would LOVE to drop like 5-6K into it, get the Veilside kit, some tenzo 18's, a drop, magna flows, and maybe a fresh paint job. Same color but a nice fresh coat.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Quick question. Do you still get the fade effect with the LED's?
I got bored tonight and took a vid of them, its a bit overkill but you get the idea. You can see them fade off and then on again. ;)

EDIT: I don't know why it is some damn dark and such terrible quality. I did use a camera, but it looks better on the camera then it does on here. You get the idea, and they are quite a bit brighter then this video seems to show. I am pleased with them.

·
Registered
370 Posts
hey man i put leds in my parking lights in my headlights n they blew out my freaking HIDS WTF?? can u explain to me what happened maybe u know

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey man i put leds in my parking lights in my headlights n they blew out my freaking HIDS WTF?? can u explain to me what happened maybe u know
I got no idea... sorry. I have my LEDs in the driving lights and the HID's have had them for close a year now without a single issue. Did you touch the HID bulbs when you installed them. I have heard that touching the bulbs and getting the oil on them can create problems? It doesn't really make sense to me that the LEDs in the driving lights would have a whole lot to do with the HID's other than of course they are in the head light unit.

·
Registered
370 Posts
ok I have 8k HIDs in my lows and integrated fogs right? well i had them on the car for about 4 months without a single issue...i didnt touch the bulbs at all so heres when the problems started...i was doing some research and found i have 194s in the headlights so i looked at my car and there they were but they werent going on so i bought two 194 LEDs and simply took the old ones out and put the LEDs in. I didnt mess with HID harness or take the bulbs out just so you know... So after i finished installing them, I turn on my sidemarkers (one click). My sidemarkers went on and so did my 194s that I just installed...Then as soon as I turned on my lights (second click) my right 194 LED dimmed greatly and 5 minutes later only my right low beam HID blew out... So I was telling my brother about this and he said maybe Mazda designed those 194s in the headlight to draw power from the headlight harness...in doing that, they affected the ballast on one of the HIDs and fed it up lol...So i went and got a new ballast and took the 194s out to try to see if my HID works and it sure did...so it wasnt the bulb it was the ballast...i got it for free under warranty so im good but my question is now i dont have 194s in the headlight and want to put LEDs like you did but im scared to blow out another ballast...i check all my wiring the everything was good and so were the fuses...so what could it be? im confused...oh can it be that the LEDs i got were different Ampere or ohms or something of that sort? like for explain say those STOCK 194s are set at a certain Amp and the LEDs are different could that affect the headlights all together?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok I have 8k HIDs in my lows and integrated fogs right? well i had them on the car for about 4 months without a single issue...i didnt touch the bulbs at all so heres when the problems started...i was doing some research and found i have 194s in the headlights so i looked at my car and there they were but they werent going on so i bought two 194 LEDs and simply took the old ones out and put the LEDs in. I didnt mess with HID harness or take the bulbs out just so you know... So after i finished installing them, I turn on my sidemarkers (one click). My sidemarkers went on and so did my 194s that I just installed...Then as soon as I turned on my lights (second click) my right 194 LED dimmed greatly and 5 minutes later only my right low beam HID blew out... So I was telling my brother about this and he said maybe Mazda designed those 194s in the headlight to draw power from the headlight harness...in doing that, they affected the ballast on one of the HIDs and fed it up lol...So i went and got a new ballast and took the 194s out to try to see if my HID works and it sure did...so it wasnt the bulb it was the ballast...i got it for free under warranty so im good but my question is now i dont have 194s in the headlight and want to put LEDs like you did but im scared to blow out another ballast...i check all my wiring the everything was good and so were the fuses...so what could it be? im confused...oh can it be that the LEDs i got were different Ampere or ohms or something of that sort? like for explain say those STOCK 194s are set at a certain Amp and the LEDs are different could that affect the headlights all together?
First let me say I am not an electrician actually far from it. Just from reading what you said though, It doesnt make sense to me that the 194 driving light would pull power from the headlight since the headlight is not required to be on when the driving light is on. If I had to guess I would say the tails, driving lights, and side markers are probably all conected and the headlights and fog lights are somehow connected. But for the life of me I cant make sense of the connection between the driving lights and the head lights. I am not saying that isn't what happened, by any means. I just dont think it makes sense. LED's draw less power than halogens... I doubt that would have anything to to with it... I would probably make a post and explain what happened maybe have someone who knows alot more about electronics give you some advice or make sense of it. I just unfortunatly don't know what might have happened. They work well in my car and I have never had any kind of problem with any of my lights.... (Knocking on wood)

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
The headlight and running/tail lights are on two completely different circuits. There is no way that an LED burnt out a ballast unit. LED's draw roughly 20mA of current, thats 20 thousandths of an amp. A reg incandesant bulbs draws up to 7A for a tail light bulb. I think it was entirely coincedence that this happened. Unless youre not the first owner and someone else hacked the wiring trying to be smart. I see all kinds of posts telling people to tap off the head lamp circuit for driving lights or whatever. I guess they think that just because it can supply high amperage bulbs with power, its meant to be used for other purposes as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts