Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are RX8 equiped with 55 watts bulbs instead of 35?
The output is super bright white light with a medium tint of blue/purple. the Speed6 HID does not come close to this???

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
35W bulbs... very similiar to the speed6 as far as output, perhaps the light assembly is slightly different giving stronger coloration...

·
Registered
200 Posts
I bet that the rx8 has the same Philips hid bulbs as we do. We on the other hand have the sexy coating on our lenses to make our lights the darkest 4800K HID's on the market. Put any car that was released with hid next to our car and you will see the difference.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Sounds like a new mod. Who's going to do the swap? lol

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
The only issue I would see would be the integrated fogs that you would either have to remove or re-run wiring...

Personally, I'm good with my lights, and if I did anything it would be a 6K bulb swap...

·
Registered
17 Posts
The only issue I would see would be the integrated fogs that you would either have to remove or re-run wiring...

Personally, I'm good with my lights, and if I did anything it would be a 6K bulb swap...
[/b]
If they really are 4800K's like misa said, I'd personally go with the brighter 4300K's...a blue/purple hint on the 6000K would look awesome though...

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
If they really are 4800K's like misa said, I'd personally go with the brighter 4300K's...a blue/purple hint on the 6000K would look awesome though...
[/b]
Its Been Done....

·
Registered
185 Posts
It's not so much the tinted lenses. It's the shitty projectors in the 6. The Mazda3 and RX-8 have better projectors. Try swapping for a set of Bosch e46-ece projectors from HID planet. I hear they are a direct bolt in. They'll give you the most light output with the stock 4300 bulbs. BTW: All the Mazda cars have the same Philips 4300K 35watt D2S bulbs. Lexus and BMW also use these. As far as I know, most cars from the factory are 4300K, including Audi, BMW, Mercedes and so on. I think Porsche uses 6000K as an option.

·
Registered
185 Posts
hidplanet.com $99.99 for Bosch Projectors. I think I'm gonna change mine. I'm just a little scared about baking the headlights. If I do it, I'll post pictures.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts