Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
What??? You don't like the one's that's on the '09 & '10 R3 RX8? They're only going for about $1200-$2100 apiece. LOL!!!! Just messing with ya.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah those looks great, would probably go well with my 6, Only if someone would sell them for 400$, LOL

·
Registered
368 Posts
What??? You don't like the one's that's on the '09 & '10 R3 RX8? They're only going for about $1200-$2100 apiece. LOL!!!! Just messing with ya.

Actually, got all 4 of mine last year with tires and shipping with less than 5k miles on them for $900

·
Registered
68 Posts
I seen them on your pics & was wondering 2 things. 1 are they lighter than the previous RX8 wheels, and 2 did you pay that outrageous price for them? Well you answered 1 of them.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Set of those just sold on my local craigslist for $400 with tires.
Maybe keep an eye on craigslist?

Also, the new ms3 has similar if not the same wheels, might broaden you search a little.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I seen them on your pics & was wondering 2 things. 1 are they lighter than the previous RX8 wheels, and 2 did you pay that outrageous price for them? Well you answered 1 of them.

Not sure as I did not weight either sets of rims, but the new RX8 rims felt about the same as the old ones

·
Registered
368 Posts
Set of those just sold on my local craigslist for $400 with tires.
Maybe keep an eye on craigslist?

Also, the new ms3 has similar if not the same wheels, might broaden you search a little.

Yeah, the new MS3 wheels do look the same.

If you are paitent and make a habit of watching places like this board, a RX8 board, craigslist and eBay, you should be able to find a good deal on rims. Both of my sets of RX8 rims were found on a RX8 board

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for your suggestions, yes exactly what im doing, i saw $400 sets before on craiglist and ebay but was a little late so I will be watching them and waiting for a good deal! Again thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm cool with the wheels I have for right now. 1 thing for sure is the more you start liking, the more you are going to start paying. I personally don't like the old RX8 wheels. Reason being they aren't anything more than a basic 5 star, "spoke" wheel that so many young heads totally flipped out over. I want something that's a little different than the same ol same ol. So many manufactures & aftermarket went with the 5 star like it was the thing to do ONLY.

Just my own opinion & feelings about those wheels, but I really like the R3 RX8 wheels. Seen them recently on a RX8 forum for $1000. Though they look suspiciously like my own wheels. That "might" be the reason that I like them then huh...........

I do check ebay, craigslist and other forums, but with my profession, being in & out of town, I miss out on alot of local stuff. Plus down here in the Mid-South they are on something completely different than other areas of the country. So I usually end up getting my stuff from other places. Heck my last 3 cars all came from somewhere else, not here.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts