Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running RX8 rims and sumitomo 235-40-18 tires on my mazda 6i.

What PSI should I be filling the tires to?

They wheel well says 50 psi on it. I highly doubt I should be filling the tires to 50 so I have them set at 35 psi. I believe that the 50 mark merely means that I can fill them up TO that level but doesn't indicate I should.

Regardless, what PSI are you running on your RX8s and why are you running at that level?

Please help,
thanks!

·
Registered
548 Posts
it doesn't matter what wheel you are using. run what the car manufacturer suggests unless you have different size, speed rating, load range stiffer sidewall tires then you can adjust accordingly but the manufacturers suggested tires pressures are designed for the wight of the car, suspension setttings set forth from the factory. these people are smarter than you and I are so listen to them.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
it doesn't matter what wheel you are using. run what the car manufacturer suggests unless you have different size, speed rating, load range stiffer sidewall tires then you can adjust accordingly but the manufacturers suggested tires pressures are designed for the wight of the car, suspension setttings set forth from the factory. these people are smarter than you and I are so listen to them.
thanks for the reply but i would think that even though the rx8 set up i am using has limited computable irregularities versus the stock set-up, i highly doubt it runs on 32 psi as the stock tires recommended. thats the reason why i posted here for people to voice what they have on their own set-ups and why

am i wrong?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts