Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I went to my dealer to buy a part and I saw some nice 18'' mazdaspeed wheels. They told me that it's a RX-8 mazdaspeed optional wheels and they usualy cost over $600..they can sell it to me for $200 each.I cant find good info about theses wheels..I need your help.

They are 18'' with +50 offset. There is a mazdaspeed logo on one leg.. they are silver color. what year of rx-8 is it??? are they forged??

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
You mean these?

or these?

The second one doesn't come in silver and has a +40 offset, so I'd assume you mean the first one. Those are a good deal for $200 each, but they don't cost anywhere near $600 when new. But if you're talking about the second one, then $200 each is a steal. I'd buy them then sell them for $500 each.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it's the first one! Can I put 235-45-18 ? Like stock gen2 with 18''...Im 17'' on my car... They are 18x7.5..thanks!!

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Theres no such thing as a rx8 mazdaspeed (in the US market anyway, but there is a concept out there). Those wheels are mazdaspeed OEM optional wheels that can be bought from any dealer parts dept and are worth a pretty penny. They are real nice though.

PS: 5000th post! WOOOHOO!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Theres no such thing as a rx8 mazdaspeed (in the US market anyway, but there is a concept out there). Those wheels are mazdaspeed OEM optional wheels that can be bought from any dealer parts dept and are worth a pretty penny. They are real nice though.

PS: 5000th post! WOOOHOO!
The 7-spoke ones are Mazda6/MS6 accessory wheels from Mazdaspeed and the 5-spoke ones are RX-8 accessory wheels from Mazdaspeed.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
235/45/18 might be a little wide for 18x7.5s, it's a little sketchy but you can probably do it with no problems. $200 each is a good deal for them if they're new, but the dealer wasn't being honest when he said those usually cost over $600 each, more like $350. The ones on the bottom in my post cost around $600 each for the aluminum ones, and $1600 each for the forged magnesium ones shown in the picture.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
235/45/18 might be a little wide for 18x7.5s, it's a little sketchy but you can probably do it with no problems. $200 each is a good deal for them if they're new, but the dealer wasn't being honest when he said those usually cost over $600 each, more like $350. The ones on the bottom in my post cost around $600 each for the aluminum ones, and $1600 each for the forged magnesium ones shown in the picture.
Yeah gotta pay to play for forged Ray wheels with an additional markup for the Mazdaspeed sticker. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts