Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few members have put the Rx8 18s on their 6's. But, some of my questions have still been unanswered or at least not completely answered. I have been interested in those rims for some time, and being that the summer is almost here I'd like to iron out the details before I lay out the cash.

First off has everyone with these rims dropped the car or rolled the fenders...or both? Can you leave it stock? How bad will that look?

What size tires have people gone with (225, 235, sidewall?), do they really impact my first questions greatly under "spirited driving"?

Lugs? What kind are we using on the Rx18s?

How would my warranty be impacted (if at all) by changing the wheels...assuming they don't fly off on the highway. :huh:

pics...post 'em if you got 'em

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
:search:

i guarantee if you search rx8 rims youll find all the info you want.

hell, look in the members wheels section, a STICKY in the top of this forum, the 3rd post has rx8 rims.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i SWEAR that you are supposed to post in the newb section until you get a firm grasp on what the hell you are doing

but i could be wrong

·
Registered
498 Posts
Eatsomerice, I'm interested...How much?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
go look in the for sale section

·
Registered
567 Posts

A few members on this board have the rex wheels on their cars, both lowered and stock. Check around this section and also in the suspension section where wiggum talks about his new (at the time of the thread) mazdaspeed hatch springs.

·
Registered
805 Posts
A few members have put the Rx8 18s on their 6's. But, some of my questions have still been unanswered or at least not completely answered. I have been interested in those rims for some time, and being that the summer is almost here I'd like to iron out the details before I lay out the cash.
[/b]
Poor guy got a beat down. Black eye style

Here:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...8&hl=rx8+wheels

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...6&hl=rx8+wheels

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...3&hl=rx8+wheels

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ouch...i'm glad to see the post whores came out on that one.

I did search, I actually searched many of dabears2k posts as well because I first saw them during his "photographic journey", thats why I said my questions weren't completely answered, but thanks for not answering anyway. Its always easier to bash a new member looking for acceptance :hoho: than to just reiterate what is apparently already common knowledge to everyone but me. :D lol good stuff.

thanks mr. stephens

·
Registered
216 Posts
wow, fucking pricks on this site. I know why I don't frequent this site much. Bunch of too cool Mazda6 owners.... I don't give two shits if this question has been asked a million times. You took the time to be assholes, take the time to give the correct answer... it's just as easy.

Yes, you have to roll the fenders. If you don't, you'll cut your rear tires.
Not sure about lowered. My car is stock height.

I had 225/45's on mine and loved them... other than they were taller that stock. I now have 235/40's and the sidewall flex is just too much for my liking. The stock Bridgestones were noisy! But they would grip like no other.

It's sad to say, but there are only 2 Mazda6 sites. One was trash because everybody there thinks they are elitists. Now, this place is turning into trash... apparently once they know everything here they don't like to repeat it. All they can say is "search."

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
this wasnt in the newb section. it got moved. i wouldnt have been hard on him at all, had it been in the newb section, i probably would have done the searching for him.

·
Registered
567 Posts
We aren't all assholes, you just have to have a sense of humor on this site. Don't take insults and jabs seriously.

This was in the wheels forum when it started. I don't flame noob section questions.

Short answer....some have had to roll the fenders when lowered, some haven't. Same with stock height. The easiest answer is "IT DEPENDS." If you have to roll your fenders, it isn't hard, there is a tool that does it easily or you can do it shadetree-style with a baseball bat and a heat gun. Some have run 225 tires, some have run 235 tires. The sticky at the top of the wheel/tire forum has some GOOD detailed info about tire fitments and equivalent sizes and such.

We may pick occasionally, but most of us will help you after we "initiate" you. Think of it as a weeding process. If we don't drive you off with our sarcasm, you'll fit in great :cheers:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Well I can vouch this site is great for what you can find ... and sometimes others for ya , you can imagine the ones that flame noobs must as well have been flamed as once a Noob themselves and now its payback ; I guess you call that a vicious cycle ...... can't recall if I ever was flamed but you gotta laugh it off and hopefully one day you don't vent off in return .

I know one thing I hate in lfe general and its repeating , have no patience for this at all , as a moderator on Montreal Mustang there's no sense in venting off and get heated up about it ; instead just put the guy in the right direction .......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
14 Participants
6 Pack
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing