Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stoked! I just managed to find a set of RX-8 wheels painted in hypersilver to match the Shinka finish.

They should be arriving some time next week. All I'll need to do is transfer the TPMS sensors and find a set of center caps (if anyone knows what the part number is for the matching (shinka) center caps, I'd appreciate the help!)

Bad part is, I'll have to wait 'til the highway department stops throwing salt on the road.

Can't wait to get 'em, and I'll be sure to share the pics with the masses!

Also, once I get the new wheels on, I'll be selling the wheels that I have on the car now:

[attachment=44976:4331_921...063750_n.jpg]

02/01/10 - Installed!!!

[attachment=44975:RX8_1.jpg]
[attachment=44974:RX8_2.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (rickdarris2004 @ Jan 8 2010, 09:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1628369
The car looks damn sexy with those! Now I see why you got rid of the stockers![/b]
Thanks man! The black wheels were carried over from my Mazda 3 hatch. The offset on them is just a little too much for the car, I won't be able to lower it. I debated for a long time on what to get, and decided to go with a set of RX-8 wheels. I can't wait for the snow to melt, and I'm able to get them on the car!

·
Registered
476 Posts
QUOTE (p-dro @ Jan 8 2010, 07:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1628311
I'm stoked! I just managed to find a set of RX-8 Shinka wheels for a decent enough price that I had to get them.

They should be arriving some time next week. All I'll need to do is transfer the TPMS sensors and find a set of center caps (if anyone knows what the part number is for the matching (shinka) center caps, I'd appreciate the help!)

Bad part is, I'll have to wait 'til the highway department stops throwing salt on the road.

Can't wait to get 'em, and I'll be sure to share the pics with the masses!

Also, once I get the new wheels on, I'll be selling the wheels that I have on the car now:

[attachment=44761:4331_921...063750_n.jpg][/b]
whats the size of those wheels? they look big anough for our huge gen2 .. Im searching wheels for my car, how much ?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (DrLove @ Jan 13 2010, 05:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1629526
whats the size of those wheels? they look big anough for our huge gen2 .. Im searching wheels for my car, how much ?[/b]
They're 18" x 7.5" +38. The sit almost flush with the fenders, so it's not a terrible setup. Lower the car, and with the right tires, it would look pretty good. I've just grown tired of the black w/polished lip look.

I'll probably be asking around $400 + shipping, but I'm flexible, and am willing to entertain a reasonable offer.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (Ankit69 @ Feb 1 2010, 06:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1633988
pro-kit? whats the drop like... and where the pics at man?![/b]
HA! Hasn't come in yet... the place I'm ordering them from didn't tell me that they were on back-order. Soooo, I'm hoping to have them in hand by the end of the week, and installed shortly after that. (Pics to follow afterwards)

The drop should be around 1.2"

·
Registered
658 Posts
QUOTE (p-dro @ Feb 1 2010, 08:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1634001
HA! Hasn't come in yet... the place I'm ordering them from didn't tell me that they were on back-order. Soooo, I'm hoping to have them in hand by the end of the week, and installed shortly after that. (Pics to follow afterwards)

The drop should be around 1.2"[/b]
what about pics with the rx8 rims on? w/o drop...

·
Registered
6 Posts
looking sharp! lovin the new look :)

i'm wondering, are you having any tire rubbing problems with your new set of rx8 wheels or are they perfect the way your car is now (not lowered)...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
QUOTE (arvin07 @ Feb 1 2010, 07:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1634010
looking sharp! lovin the new look :)

i'm wondering, are you having any tire rubbing problems with your new set of rx8 wheels or are they perfect the way your car is now (not lowered)...[/b]

No rubbing issues at all without the drop. My previous wheels were 18" x 7.5" +38. The RX-8s are 18" x 8" +50. The RX-8s moved the outside face of the wheel 6mm towards the center of the car, and IMO looks better.

Now, I just need to get the thing lowered... I'm getting anxious waiting for my springs to show up! I don't foresee any rubbing issues after lowering the car on these wheels.

Of course, I'll let you guys know after it's done!

·
Registered
658 Posts
QUOTE (p-dro @ Feb 1 2010, 08:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1634001

The drop should be around 1.2"[/b]
just realized the pro-kit is from eibachs! ahh. should be nice. 1.2" drop in front and 1.4" in back... your planning on dropping both right?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QUOTE (Ankit69 @ Feb 1 2010, 10:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1634056
just realized the pro-kit is from eibachs! ahh. should be nice. 1.2" drop in front and 1.4" in back... your planning on dropping both right?[/b]

Yes, all 4 corners will be dropped. Eibach says it's a 1.2" drop all around. I think I may take a before and after measurement just to see what it settles at.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
shit son. That looks great!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts