Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure I've got another 4-5k on the stock tires before they're worn out. I'm going with 225-45-18 winters and bought an inexpensive set of 18X8 RX-8 wheels for next summer. I see on Tirerack that you can mount the stocks on 8" rims, so while I know that going with the 225-45 would be better, anybody forsee any problems with remounting the stock tires on the 8" rims for the spring? Or would I be better to get something with a bit better wear index and just go straight for the 225-45s?

·
Registered
156 Posts
With only 4-5k left on the stock tires, I do not see why you would even bother to have them unmounted from the rims they are on now and mounted on the RX8 rims only to be taken off in 4-5k miles. I am just looking at from a cost perspective.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
940 Posts
With only 4-5k left on the stock tires, I do not see why you would even bother to have them unmounted from the rims they are on now and mounted on the RX8 rims only to be taken off in 4-5k miles. I am just looking at from a cost perspective.
Thanks,
Jason
[/b]
+1

The stock tires will work on the RX-8 rims with no problems - there have been a few people on here who have done it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts