Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fake or real?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Replying to Topic 'RX-8 roadster: Fake or real?'

The grill openings in the front looks a bit akward on the lightning side.... Mazda logobadge on front looks cut. n' paste. And the Mazda badge on the trunk is out of proportions... Otherwise it could be real! But I dought it...

To bad, apart from the realy TO small headlights its a awesome looking machine. Somehow much nicer then RX-8, they share a lot of design features.

Is this supposed to be a "MX-6" or what?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Ahh saw the topic name :D Shuldn't the roadster have four doors as well? Or is it to weak?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

There was a concept one. But it was years old and decided against. Those pics and a few others were all the was too it I do believe.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Yeah, you're all right, it's fake. A German designer made the picture. I confess. :)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Those aren't pictures of an RX8. What you are seeing is a doctored picture of the RX-EVOLV, the concept predecessor to the '8.

·
Registered
354 Posts

I have heard that RX-8 will also come in a cabriolet-version! In 2004 or something! :D :D

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Hmmmm...I have always thought your RX8 concept was the EVOLV...

But anyways, the RX8's rigidity is mostly in the lower part of the car, ideal for a convertible...

The next Miata is already rumored to be built on the RX8's platform...

·
Registered
8 Posts

I did these two photoshops to show how easily an rx-8 could be sold as a convertible. It doesnt look too bad if you ask me.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Yea I made the targa photoshop a couple months ago from a picture of the yellow concept.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts