Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some folks have some rx-8 rims on their speed6's. what do you think of them? rumor has it they are lighter than our stock rims. do you need to roll the fenders to make them work?

any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
I know some folks have some rx-8 rims on their speed6's. what do you think of them? rumor has it they are lighter than our stock rims. do you need to roll the fenders to make them work?

any input would be greatly appreciated.
[/b]
the best wheel ever...

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the best wheel ever...
[/b]

What tire and size do you have on the car?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think stock rim looks outstanding as nowaday's fashion are multimillion spokes. 5-spokes may seem a bit outdated. Dun take too offence, just my 0.02c. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
i wanted to get the ms rx-8 wheels but the magnesium ones were 1750 apiece and the alloys were 738 apiece!!!!!!!!! guess i gotta powdercoat some stock rx-8's.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
they're max performance summer tires. any tire is going to wear unevenly on the speed6 due to the factory camber. it's all a trade off for better performance. i'm in the market for new tires now; mine will have to go by 16k miles.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well that clears a few things up! So, I could get a set with 35% of tread left on RX-8 rims. Is $600 shipped a good deal?

And RX-8 rims do fit the Mazda6, right? That's what I've been told?

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
i wanted to get the ms rx-8 wheels but the magnesium ones were 1750 apiece and the alloys were 738 apiece!!!!!!!!! guess i gotta powdercoat some stock rx-8's.
[/b]
Glad you aren't rich, because if you would have bought them you would have been mad when they didn't fit...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just picked up a set of rims. I'm looking at the potenza RE050A 215/45 or the 225/45, what should I get? I have a 6s, with both fit without rolling the fender? Also, what is the performance difference? I can get the 225's for $70 cheaper per wheel... so yeah. I'm not a racer, just like to have fun when i'm driving around town...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts