Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is my understanding the RX-8 R3 wheels can fit on a 3rd generation Mazda 6. (I know they fit on the 2nd generation.) Has any of you 3rd generation Mazda 6 owners installed RX-8 R3 wheels on your car? If so, can you post some pictures?

If no one has these wheels on their car, could one of you photoshop experts out there post a picture of the 3rd generation Mazda 6 with RX-8 R3 wheels on. I would be greatly appreciate it.

Below is a picture of the RX-8 R3 for reference.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Those wheels are almost impossible to find and very expensive FYI. If you have the inside track on a set, let me know! :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Those wheels are almost impossible to find and very expensive FYI. If you have the inside track on a set, let me know! :D
I saw a set on eBay not too long ago. I just checked again and there aren't any for sale right now. I'm keeping an eye out for a another set to go on sale.

I also saw these as a possible alternative.

SSR GTV03

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
It is my understanding the RX-8 R3 wheels can fit on a 3rd generation Mazda 6. (I know they fit on the 2nd generation.) Has any of you 3rd generation Mazda 6 owners installed RX-8 R3 wheels on your car? If so, can you post some pictures?

If no one has these wheels on their car, could one of you photoshop experts out there post a picture of the 3rd generation Mazda 6 with RX-8 R3 wheels on. I would be greatly appreciate it.

Below is a picture of the RX-8 R3 for reference.

Sweetness. RX-8 R3 rims on a GJ. Ala custom Mazda OEM. Now that's what I'm talking about. That would sure look awesome on the M6. :thumbup:

How easy can one procure a set of new R3 rims?...

I was looking earlier for a 2011 Series II RX-8 6MT shift knob, with the same shift pattern as our 6MT GJ to replace the stock shift knob.

·
Registered
772 Posts
They are 19x8, forged, made by BBS only for the R3. I think they are +50 or +52mm offset.

Very sought after wheels in the mazda community and very hard to get.

·
Registered
189 Posts
They are 19x8, forged, made by BBS only for the R3. I think they are +50 or +52mm offset.

Very sought after wheels in the mazda community and very hard to get.
Yes, my buddy who is the service manager at my dealership has a 2014 6 with R3 wheels on it. Gorgeous. And they are +37 offset, just FYI

In the event any of you are serious. The parts guy will discount the wheels $400/ea. So that brings the grand total to $4000. Send me a PM if interested and I'll put you in touch with them. Again, those would be brand new.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts