Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Reading Topic: Rx-8 or the 6s ????

If you don't need the practicality, I would go for the RX-8, no questions asked. It's a smaller, lighter, higher performance car. And it's RWD.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Oh, and might I add

That's just my opinion. Your mileage may vary. My opinions do not necessarily reflect my opinions.

There, I think that covers it.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Rx-8 or the 6s ????'

Originally posted by applejax

Oh, and might I add

That's just my opinion.  Your mileage may vary.  My opinions do not necessarily reflect my opinions.

There, I think that covers it.[/b]
Way to stand your ground there big man! :sarc :hoho
If you don't need cargo space and want sporty - the RX-8 is the winner.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

dang its sounds pretty lop sided...I am gonna have to wait and check out this Rx-8...anyone know where the performance of the acceleration is documented in the 210 hps model...the 250 comes only with a manual

thanks
http://www.dafey.com the poll so far...

·
Registered
514 Posts

Comparing AT to AT I'd get the '6s. I don't see the point of the AT RX-8... kind of defeats the purpose IMO. The 6s woudl be a far better DD than the RX-8. I'd get the RX-8 MT for weekend canyon carving.

-Alt

·
Registered
514 Posts

Plus with the '6s basing much lower than the RX, you can get it fully loaded (I mean FULLY) and still be below your budget out the door. With the RX-8 you'd have to hold yourself back in the options department... not to mention the insane dealer markup that will no doubt take a while to wear off.

-Alt

·
Registered
464 Posts

I dont know...i think the RX-8 is ugly in normal form, I really only like the looks of the MazdaSpeed version. Its up to you though what you like and dislike.

Make a list of your priorities in a car and what you need. Write down the Mazda 6 and the RX-8. Put a check mark next to which one wins each category. Add up the points and see which one satisfies more of your needs.

·
Registered
514 Posts

Originally posted by Jerome81

the 6 has more hp in auto form....[/b]
And is also several hundred pounds heavier...[/b][/quote]

Agreed... but the RX-8 will feel anemic with its far less torque in AT form... even with the meatier engine than the MT version. Keeping the rotary singing in an AT defeats the purpose of an "easier to drive" AT... IMO of course.

-Alt

·
Registered
319 Posts

I just really feel that in a rotary car an auto just won't be much fun. You can't rev it as high, and with the lower low end torque I just don't feel that it could be as nice.

i would never get an auto, but I feel it is wrong to get a RX-8 with auto, and would go with the V6 auto over it, unless either the looks you feel are WAY better, or you want RWD, or you want a rotary, or you want the handling.

I would never consider the 6 over the 8 if I had the money, but I just seriously feel I'd be better off with a V6 auto with its more prodigous torque than the 8.

·
Registered
163 Posts

the 6 has more hp in auto form....[/b]
And is also several hundred pounds heavier...[/b][/quote]

actually the RX-8 weight is around 1315KG. Quite close to Mazda6 ( less than 100KG) .
With the Hi-power version, you get 240BHP & 156lb ft with a 6 speed manual.
0-62mph est. 6.5sec.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Rx-8 or the 6s ????

He meant the auto 6 is more powerful than the auto RX.

Applejax's comment was to realize the point really is power-to-weight ratio... but in the case of autos I personally feel low-end torque is more important.

-Alt

·
Registered
231 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Rx-8 or the 6s ????

RX8 of course! This is going to be a unique, awesome looking, performance machine. The Mazda 6 is a great all round car with true sportiness, but if I could afford it I'd buy an RX8 in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

I just really feel that in a rotary car an auto just won't be much fun.[/b]
An auto isn't much fun in any car.

or you want RWD, or you want a rotary, or you want the handling.[/b]
You are making a case for the RX8 here!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts