Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping for a better key-fob and am not sure what's out there.. i believe there is a flip out one that has the key come out of the remote?

I believe the new European models use this key fob.

Any info on anything available like this?
If either of those key fobs would work how much are they?

Thanks!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I was hoping for a better key-fob and am not sure what's out there.. i believe there is a flip out one that has the key come out of the remote?

I believe the new European models use this key fob.

Any info on anything available like this?
If either of those key fobs would work how much are they?

Thanks!
[/b]
I will find an answer for you tomorrow.

JMBaggie

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
JMBaggie:

IT WILL NOT WORK. NO NEED TO INVESTIGATE.

It has been tried by at least 3 members, and already confirmed by sabrina. Game over.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
even the ones from the rx-8 or mx5 won't work? possibly even the ones a couple of years older?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
even the ones from the rx-8 or mx5 won't work? possibly even the ones a couple of years older?
[/b]

Um, NO! :irate:

The mazda 6 has a different computer than any other car (and they changed it again for 06, hence why the 06 keys will not work on the 03-05)

If you want a custom key fob, go get an aftermarket alarm and have a 2 way transmitter.

You will not get a switchblade key to work on the 6

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THANKS DABEARS!!!!!!!!!! :dmetal:

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I am not trying to be mean, but you asked a question (that has been asked before a few times, mind you), the question was answered, and then you re-asked the question hoping that JMBaggie could pick his nose and magic would fall out to allow something to work that no-one else can do...

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The '06 6 has this style key, and its been found not to work
[/b]
this is the info response i saw DaBears. it stated (for clarification) that the 2006 model of the Mazda 6 has a key fob that has been found not to work on the older models of the mazda 6 (2003,2004,2005)

then when he stated he tried the other flip-key transmitters which didn't work i was clarifying that included OLDER models as well. One would assume a dealer would have immediate quick access to the other flip models of the 2006 but perhaps not all the models from previous years.

so in fact, i did ask the same question because it seemed i got only part of the answer.
Thanks!

not sure why all of this impatience :sarc: if not trying to be mean what's with the caps words and "ranting" emoticon, didn't realize if you mean that to convey something else...

·
Registered
290 Posts
I am not trying to be mean, but you asked a question (that has been asked before a few times, mind you), the question was answered, and then you re-asked the question hoping that JMBaggie could pick his nose and magic would fall out to allow something to work that no-one else can do...
[/b]
At least it gave a reason to pick my nose! :)

JMBaggie

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh, come on!! You never need a reason to pick your nose, just thinking about it is good reason enough!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
4 Participants
b8john
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing