Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got my Toyo's on the car today, man I can feel a difference in grip even at very low speeds. I feel like I could lick the bottom of the car, throw the car against the ceiling and it would stick. The car was responsive before, now it cuts like a scalpel, in fact it's almost to responsive, very slight movements in the steering wheel will change the cars direction. I haven’t taken them up to freeway speeds yet, but the noise and ride seem about the same as before at low speeds. I’m going up to Austin this weekend so I’m going to do some real hills driving with them, that should be fun. I can’t wait to see what these can do in wet weather. The tires are really light ~22lb, which is a great match since the stock tires are the same weight. They aren’t cheap, these guys set me back ~$750 for all four. Seeing as tires are about the most important accessory of your car, I can say they are well worth it, and could very likely save your life. I’ll give a more detailed review after this weekend.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Running with the Toyo T1-S'

What size did you put on?

Be careful for the first couple of hundred miles until the mold release is worn off. According to the Miata people that have them, the grip will noticably improve after several hundred miles.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I put 215/55/16's on the wheels. Thanks for the info, thats good to know.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

nice choice. when i get my 18's it's gonna be on.. i'll have to put 225/35/18 or 225/40/18 on. i don't wanna have huge monster truck tires anymore. the low profile type tires will look nice!!! they might even lower the car apperance. right fellas?

·
Registered
464 Posts

actually from most cars that i've seen bigger wheels and smaller tires accentuate the wheel well gap.

A lot of people swear by Kumho tires that I know for their great price/performance ratio, especially the 712 series.

·
Registered
148 Posts

Originally posted by WhoDiddy

nice choice. when i get my 18's it's gonna be on.. i'll have to put 215/35/18 or 215/40/18 on. i don't wanna have huge monster truck tires anymore. the low profile type tires will look nice!!! they might even lower the car apperance. right fellas?[/b]
Proper size for 18" rims would be 225/40/18s from what I hear....I'm running 215/45/17 Toyo Trampio GU:WNs at the moment and boy they stick to the ground even in heavy torrential monsoon rains that we've been getting here in Singapore recently!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts