Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 07 mazda 6 from the states and brought it into Canada, has anyone figured out how to add running day lights, without bringing it to the dealer?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
what? who wants to disable them. I like them on it's a safety issue. ;p

you can get it done by canadian tire and they can also sign off that they are installed for the insurance, if i recall reading up on what the requirements were.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
QUOTE (m6inVan @ Jun 23 2008, 01:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1374906
what? who wants to disable them. I like them on it's a safety issue. ;p

you can get it done by canadian tire and they can also sign off that they are installed for the insurance, if i recall reading up on what the requirements were.[/b]

I live in the states and would like to have the DRL option, crazy as that may sound. Do you happen to know exactly what Canadian tire does to make this work?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
QUOTE (bvanderhaar @ Jun 23 2008, 11:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1375134
pick one, all the canadian tires stores sell the DRL modual and they all will install it too. Just as your RIV package states.[/b]

Unfortunately I don't live in Canada, so just going to a Canadian Tire store is gonna be a bit difficult. I'm trying to find out if its as simple as installing the Mazda DRL module or if there's some aftermarket unit they're using.
I can't even fill out their "Contact Us" page as it requires a ton of personal info including a postal code, and won't take a zip code from the U.S.

EDIT: Nevermind, I did find a page that let me send them a question about the DRL kits.

thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (DennisW @ Jun 23 2008, 08:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1375146
Unfortunately I don't live in Canada, so just going to a Canadian Tire store is gonna be a bit difficult. I'm trying to find out if its as simple as installing the Mazda DRL module or if there's some aftermarket unit they're using.
I can't even fill out their "Contact Us" page as it requires a ton of personal info including a postal code, and won't take a zip code from the U.S.

EDIT: Nevermind, I did find a page that let me send them a question about the DRL kits.

thanks.[/b]

I'll phone and let you know

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like its a universal DRL module that sells for $39.00 Im gonna pick one up tomorrow and see if i can't get it in

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
QUOTE (awjareme @ Jun 23 2008, 10:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1375631
Looks like its a universal DRL module that sells for $39.00 Im gonna pick one up tomorrow and see if i can't get it in[/b]
Great, that would be a cheap way to do it if it works.

I got an automated reply from Canadian Tire "your comment/question has been routed to the appropriate department, blah blah blah..." so I'll be curious to see what their answer is.

·
Registered
77 Posts
dont quote me on it but I just imported a 2005 USA Tribute for the GF and the daytime running lights can but "turned on" by a mazda tech with the hand held computer thingy. May be the same story for the newer 6's. My '04 6 needed to have the aftermarket modual installed though.
As a side note. The low beam wire from the modual needs to be hooked up to that little lights bulb in the headlight assembly not the low beam light. The low beam light has too high of current and will make the modual buzz and burn out over time.

·
Registered
682 Posts
While I'm not sure about the 6, a friend installed a module from "Hamsar" for his 2005 S2000. It was a bit of a wiring hack, but you can't see the install (once cleaned up) and it works great.

The same friend mentioned that the folks at Canadian Tire would only install a module that would turn on ALL of his lights (parking and low beams), whereas he wanted the proper DRL's (for the S2000, the high beams are run at 60% power).

So I'm not sure what they would do for the 6.

DennisW - I'll do some digging around here for a wiring diagram. One of our local members has the shop manuals and maybe we can figure out the differences between the US/CDN models. If there's anything else I can chase down for you from this side of the boarder, PM me and we'll set ya up :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
Burnsey
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing