Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While i've seen threads on the hood lining removal, i was thinking would it make a difference to remove the rubber lining those 2 strips that we have on the front of the car. That rubber strip that lines on top of the headlights and also the strip a few inches back on the hood, would it make sense in heat dissipation and let some air circulate in there??? Just wondering, thanks!

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
how about taking air from the AC vent and guiding it to the CAI intake? that would give the engine some really cold air...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Isn't that rubber strip there to keep water out of the engine bay?
[/b]

I don't know if it's there to keep water out, but it sure does keep the dirt out. No sand all over the topr of the engine.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'm pretty sure that rubber lining isn't gonna make any difference performance wise on the car...except for making the engine bay dirty quicker.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
As far as hosing it down, I would becareful and not do this while it is hot. ANd just incase dont do it where you might get stranded.

Older cars had electronic stuff exposed so that if it got hosed off, the car wouldnt run, mostly it was the cap and rotor, which this car does not have, but still be careful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts