Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from the Acura Interactive Network, Dick Colliver has officially announced "In our quest to provide you and our customers with the very best and most appropriate Acura models, we have decided to eliminate the RSX from the 2007 line-up, thus streamlining our product offering to better fit with Acura’s evolving and more upscale image."

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I've always like the RSX, if only for it's looks and style. Too bad it's dead. It was a nice car, even if overpriced.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
from the Acura Interactive Network, Dick Colliver has officially announced "In our quest to provide you and our customers with the very best and most appropriate Acura models, we have decided to eliminate the RSX from the 2007 line-up, thus streamlining our product offering to better fit with Acura’s evolving and more upscale image."
[/b]
Based on that statement, although Acura isn't carrying it anymore, it could be possible that it would be sold carrying the Honda badge as an Integra... Or does it say somewhere that going to be completely discontinued altogether...

·
Registered
165 Posts
It was always overpriced for the performance

160hp for 21k. It was time to go rsx.
[/b]

more like...160 hp for the 19k. Since you're referring to the base model.

200 hp for the RSX-S at 23k....which is the real performance car if you are looking for one.

Anyways, they essentially already have a "RSX-S" in a honda skin, that is the civic Si.

·
Registered
990 Posts
that's too bad as I really like the restyled '05+ models.

Not all that surprising though. The new Civic Si has most of the features & performance of the RSX, including the LSD...too bad it doesn't look as good.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I was going to say the same thing as SilverRSX, the Civic SI is essentialls teh RSX typeS. They might rebadge it later on, but I agree that the rsx was always a bit overpriced. On the other hand, they did have nice seats.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
The RSX looked like an Insight! The car looked cheap and dowdy and the interior was never up to the Acura name and the car's pricetag.

I for one am not sad to see the botch job gone.

·
Registered
86 Posts
that's too bad as I really like the restyled '05+ models.

Not all that surprising though. The new Civic Si has most of the features & performance of the RSX, including the LSD...too bad it doesn't look as good.
[/b]

Yeah but theres an Si SEDAN in the making.... :drool:

·
Registered
922 Posts
yeah but for 25k you get 200hp, leather, 6 gears, and probably the best 4cyl. ever built.
[/b]
best 4 cyl ever made.... are you serious? a honda K-Series???? dude i can name 5 other HONDA motors that are better than that crap... not to mention 4 bangers from other automakers...

you can't be serious...

·
Registered
922 Posts
ok i'll be short i'm at work... basically for honda... pretty much anything B-Series is more tired and true than the K-Series... as for other makers... i'll submit any 3S series from toyota... again tried and true for years... subaru with the 22B.... and mitsu with the 4G63....

all that without mentioning nissan with thier SR series of motors... heard of the new SR20VET??? first ever turbocharged motor with variable valve lift and timing..

while the K-Series does make improvements over previous HONDA motors.. it still can't compare to the above mentioned thoroughbreds...

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok i'll be short i'm at work... basically for honda... pretty much anything B-Series is more tired and true than the K-Series... as for other makers... i'll submit any 3S series from toyota... again tried and true for years... subaru with the 22B.... and mitsu with the 4G63....

while the K-Series does make improvements over previous HONDA motors.. it still can't compare to the above mentioned thoroughbreds...
[/b]
Except Mitsu never fixed that crank walk issue that plagued the 4G63 from what I remember. Having a crankshaft spin it's main bearings consistently is not what I would consider a "minor flaw" nor a thoroughbred.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Except Mitsu never fixed that crank walk issue that plagued the 4G63 from what I remember. Having a crankshaft spin it's main bearings consistently is not what I would consider a "minor flaw" nor a thoroughbred.
[/b]
84 ford man... the issue with crankwalk only affected the 1995-99 Talons and Eclipse or 2nd Gen's. The cranshafts in those years were machined out of spec. thus placing increased pressure and uneven wear on the thrust bearings and causing premature failure. Whie this plagues ALOT of those 7-Bolt motors, I know plenty who never had a problem... including a few 400+ hp cars still on stock internals...

oh and crankwalk can happen to any motor. it's not just 4G63 specific. any car with an improperly matched crank and bearing can suffer from this fate.

1st gen T/E/L's very rarely see crankwalk as well as the evo's.... with that being said you still wouldn't put the 4g63 up there with the best?

keeping with that thinking, let's discuss that lovely open block honda design....

·
Registered
86 Posts

all that without mentioning nissan with thier SR series of motors... heard of the new SR20VET??? first ever turbocharged motor with variable valve lift and timing..

[/b]
Alright alright Ill agree with the 4g63 and the SR series. But i cant really agree with the B-series. Ive never heard of someone pulling a K motor for a B motor. Yes ive seen MANY D-series motors yanked for the B-series, LS-Vtec swaps, GSR swaps even the occasional CRV-tec (although not a B-series) swap but, and maybe im sheltered, pulling a K motor to swap it out for a smaller, less powerful B series??? The only B series motor that I would choose over a K motor is the B18C5. Any B-series motor is generally a torqueless wonder to say the least. I guess it depends on what your using it for. Personally id rather have an H22 than anything less than a B18.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
The K-series is deffinately a much better choice than the B-series. Youll be hard pressed to find a B-series with minor bolts on with 200+ whp, while I have seen K-series in EK civic with only intake and header pushing over 200 whp.

By the way.... The CRV motor is a B-series (B20)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts