Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my car own in Milpitas C.A for school, and when I would stop at lights or stop signs
the RPM's would jump from about 800 to 2500 and back over and over. I drove about 300
miles to get down to Milpitas. When I noticed, I pulled over and looked under the hood.
A hose was not connected. So I hooked it up. but the two weeks I was down there I was having the same problem. Took it to the dealership in San Jose, "We can't find any thing wrong with it" was the answer,
I kind of expected that one. My question to you guys and gals, has anyone had or is having this problem
my car has 46000 miles on it. any comments or suggestion would be appriciated

Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
It could be any number of issues, including bad TB or TPS. Assuming you can recreate the issue fairly easily, request a ride-along with one of the service techs. Demonstate the issue so that you can avoid the 'cannot replicate' dodge.

Once they accept the problem exists, push them hard to fix it. Be prepared to bug them constantly and always request a loaner if they drag their feet. It sounds like you have less than 4k of warranty left, and at the rate you've put on miles so far that 4k won't last you long.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could be any number of issues, including bad TB or TPS. Assuming you can recreate the issue fairly easily, request a ride-along with one of the service techs. Demonstate the issue so that you can avoid the 'cannot replicate' dodge.

Once they accept the problem exists, push them hard to fix it. Be prepared to bug them constantly and always request a loaner if they drag their feet. It sounds like you have less than 4k of warranty left, and at the rate you've put on miles so far that 4k won't last you long.
[/b]
Thanks for the info, will get it to the dealer ASAP
thanks again.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Try cleaning your MAF sensr, probably not the issue, but you never know... Use electronic cleaner on it, btw.

M

·
0 Posts
I am having similar issues with my 6, however my RPM's are going the other way. It has about 10K miles on it and at stop lights sometimes the RPM's will dip from 750 down to 500 and back again. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason when or why it is happening. I took it to the dealer once and they reset the computur but that hasn't worked. Any furhter thoughts out there?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
A PCM revision should solve the problem. I had it once myself and another time my dad had my car and same issue. Its kinda difficult to get the dealerships to do the PCM revision so try the regional area to see what dealerships are easy to deal with in that regards.

·
Registered
40 Posts
A PCM revision should solve the problem. I had it once myself and another time my dad had my car and same issue. Its kinda difficult to get the dealerships to do the PCM revision so try the regional area to see what dealerships are easy to deal with in that regards.
[/b]

Hi guys and gals!! I would like to wish everyone a happy new year.
I just started having this problem this weekend and I only have 9000 miles. I have a Mazda 6 03 so this really sucks ass man. Can you guys tell what a pCM revision means and is easy to do or fix?

thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
I went to the dealer yesterday and they found what the problem was. It had to do something with fuel injection or something. Well the good thing is that they are going to change it under warranty. so im happy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
bjk311
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing