Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just purchased the RPM Ipod Integration kit for my 06 6i non bose. The installation went smoothly(except for the stupid 10mm bolt LOL) and I did successfully mount it in the upper armrest tray. My problem is that some of the songs make a light crackle noise coming from what it seems like the front right speaker. I can also hear weird noises when changing the track. Some songs sound perfect but others have that light crackling noise. I know its not the speaker because I cannot hear anything different out of the FM radio.
Is this normal? It sounds normal 95% of the time but that other 5% makes me wonder...

Also, not sure if this would cause it but I did drop the 10mm bolt inside the bottom of the center console and I heard it hit a piece of metal after the fall. I have no idea where it is(probably at the bottom of the car..) I cannot hear it move so I am assuming its on carpet or something.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
412 Posts
For that bolt, I'm sure many have dropped it... so u might be able to find something there.

as for the static, my friend had a similar problem in his mazda3. FM radio and CDs worked fine, but over the audiolink it would crackle. Contact RPM first, as the audiolink might be the problem. In my friend's case, it was the iPod that was causing the problem (this problem was no exhibited thru the headphones... which is strange.)

RPM is awesome to deal with, you will have no problems there if the audiolink in the problem in your case.. if you have a friend with an ipod similar to yours, maybe u can try it out to see if that is the case.

J

·
0 Posts
I had that same problem, I emailed rpm and the first class shipped me a new cable and its fine now. Very nice about it and got it to me quick.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
me too. i got a bad AL-USB cable. donny quickly sent out a replacement.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I have an update. The crackle happens a lot more when I use the dock connector. When I use the line in with the IPOD, it sounds a lot better. Also turning off the engine helps a little bit. But the crackle is starting to get worse and worse so now I dont even use the dock connector, just the line in. I am waiting for a response from Donny. I am hoping its the cable and not the audiolink because I dont feel like taking the center console out again, rather just the cupholder where the cable resides.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts