Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the iPod integration kit from RPM and am curious as to where the best place to run the iPod cable is to. I have seen people leave it in the arm rest and that would be sufficient but I also enjoy watching an occasionally video podcast or two (NEVER enough to take my focus away of course!) and would like to have it stay in view if possible. If not for that but to know what song I am listening to.

Perhaps I could run it into the armrest and leave enough slack to pull it out when I want to use it and have it sit in the cupholder, but fear that may be a worse angle as well. I am very much against having big blocky obstructions in my vehicle like those cell-phone/pda stands and really enjoy a clean sleek look.

Is there a good place?

Thanks!

·
Registered
356 Posts
I was thinking of doing this install with mine. I just haven't taken the time to do it.

Ashtray Install

·
Registered
10 Posts
I actually ran mine through the parking brake so that way it is free to move around if anyone else in the car wants to browse the songs and then if I'm not using it, which is never, I just slide it down the side of the driver seat and you can't see it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts