Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.... Anyone tried the Royal Purple in the MTX yet? Thoughts?

Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
701 Posts
If you live in a Warm climate, RP is fine. It is tough to shift when it gets to 0... I use Redline. I think it's better.

Hi All.... Anyone tried the Royal Purple in the MTX yet? Thoughts?

Thanks
Ron[/b]

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have RP in my '04 MTX Wagon, and at first, during the summer it was smoother than the Redline I had in it.

But now that it's even remotely getting cooler in the morning (and I'm in Sacramento, so cool is only in the mid-high 30's or higher) I hate it. I have the MS short shifter and getting into first is a pain in the rear - In particular if I come to a stop w/out double clutching and matching revs. I have to forced it into first. Never had that issue with the RL.

If it gets worse, I'm going back to Redline, unless some has a better option!

Hope this helps!

Kevin M.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I am using the Amsoil GL-4 and like it alot better than redline or royal purple.[/b]
What do you experience with the Amsoil that you didn't with the Redline? I don't have any experience with their products.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
What do you experience with the Amsoil that you didn't with the Redline? I don't have any experience with their products.[/b]
It seems to shift smoother in the cold,I did a oil analysis of it after 10,000 miles and it was just like new,where the Redline showed some of the additives had broken down after 10,000 miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
djquik1
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing