Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, so I am flushing my tranny fluid for Royal Purple's MTX Transmissino Fluid. I have only had positive experiences with their Motor Oil. I was wondering if anyone here has used their transmission fluid. If so, how much of a difference could you feel/tell? Is it as good as the "hly grail" MT90 (if thats what it is?)?

Thanks,
Gregg

·
Registered
780 Posts
I been using royal purple for about 40k miles. It's smootheness noticable right off the bat the first time around, but the 2nd time i changed it, it wasnt so noticable, just as smooth as before. I honestly havent tried MT90, but Im gonna wait another 30k miles till i change it next to compare.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I changed mine today with some of Royal Purple's 75w90 transmission fluid and holy crap! It feels so smooth! IDK if anyone has noticed a little vibration in their car when moving from a dead stop...especially in reverse, but all I can say is that there is no vibration whatsoever. Thiswas one of the best modifications I have done to my car (fluid-wise...haha)!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have 75k on my car. Is it to late to change MTX fluid? No real issues but after five years I would love to change it if it's not going to harm the tranny. I heard a theory that you are not suppose to change tranny fluid that late in a car life if it wasn't changed before which is the case I think ( I am the 2nd owner)

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
This is one of those hit & miss theories about automatic transmissions. Manual transmissions aren't included in that scenerio.

My take on the auto transmission failures: It was getting ready to go out anyway. I can't imagine a scenerio where fresh fluids would the the cause of a failure, unless the one-in-a-million chance of crud being loosened by the fresh fluid clogged a passage or line actually happens. I'd just have to say that if you let your auto transmission go to the point of the fluid congealing and turning to sludge, you kinda deserve what you get.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
BlackCherry06
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing