Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, ever since the clutch has been replaced, shifting has been much harder. It wasn’t as apparent when warm outside, but lately it’s been fairly bad to the point where I cant shift to second without really forcing it when I first start the car up and it is rolling down the street. If it’s at a complete stop its somewhat easier but still harder. After the car warms up and then throughout the day its fine though still feels more “raw” then it did before, if that makes sense. It seems to happen when it sits for long periods of time only, like overnight. Anyway, the dealer called to ask if everything was ok since the clutch was replaced and I brought that up and have scheduled a checkup on Monday.

Is there anything I could do that could help this without taking it to the dealer. I need my car during the every day and I don’t want to do the rental thing again. Anyway, to me it seems like maybe low transmission fluid? Could this be it, and how would I check? I have a v6 mtx and could not find the transmission dipstick, so I’m assuming this is for autos only... or I’m blind. In order to let the car sit for a while, I’m going to leave it at the dealer’s Sunday nigh unless I can fix it myself before. any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
578 Posts
There is no dipstick for vehicles equipped with a manual transmission. They only way to verify the level of oil in the transmission would be to remove the fill plug. The oil should be below the bottom of the hole, just enough not to drain out when the plug is removed if on level ground. If you stick your finger in to the hole, you should see oil on it when you remove it. The oil should be within a few mm of the bottom of the hole.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, will try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts