Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have an '05 2.3L i4 Sport Hatchback and just got the 96k maintenance done (Canadian :D)

This afternoon I took it upon myself to do the airbox mod and thought I did it without any trouble. I have the airbox with the tube attached and only 2 unlockable clips, the otherside towards the engine is hinged. I got the splash guard taken out without too much trouble, after pulling the airbox up and out a little without detaching it from the large hose connecting it to the engine, put it back in, re-attached that tiny hose connected to the side of the box, and the electrical connector on the right side.

I started the car up and all seemed fine although I don't think I could hear any difference in the car, when I started to get a rough idle. The RPMs dipped to around ~700 multiple times and then I got a CEL. I quickly turned it off, and then noticed that I hadn't reconnected the electrical connector on the right side of the airbox and plugged it back in. The CEL is still there and it's still idling roughly. Anyone have any experience with this or could shed any light on what it could be?

Any help is greatly appreciated. This has taught me that I'm not one of these people that can touch my car without destroying it :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For anyone reading this, I unplugged the battery and left it for a while, reconnected it and then tried giving it a whirl. The CEL is gone but whenever I come to a stop the engine completely stalls.

fml

·
Registered
919 Posts
It's been a while but I think there's a small hose that's supposed to be plugged up with a screw that comes out of the flapper.

·
Registered
115 Posts
one of your vacuum hoses are probably disconnected
or like stated above^^ the one farthest from the engine needs a screw inserted at the end that connected to the flapper thing

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey i think you guys are right. i just went out and checked and although I made sure the flappy little hose is plugged into the airbox, i checked and saw that the other end isn't plugged into anything. anyone know where this gets plugged into?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
most people here probably have CAI's and have a screw in th end of that hose, mine gets fitted onto a little plastic knob on the airbox but I just don't know where it gets plugged into on the other end!

After doing some reading it seems it may plug into the purge solenoid valve?? Don't know if anyone can confirm or deny this. I've been staring under the hood of my car for a while and I just can't seem to find any little thing that this hose is supposed to hook into!

Can anyone shed some light? Thanks!

Got it fixed! Thanks to those that had some answers :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts