Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needa be broken in, then I can post my findings.

By the way, has anyone successfully been able to insert those paper-clip-thin brake clips onto new pads (the ones that push the pads apart when not braking)? Tried for a while and ended up keeping them off.

before.

after. (i know it's in backwards)

braided brake line would always touch something if bolted same as stock, meaning rubbing would incur.

found it was better bolting to coilover.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
congrats. I love my xdrilled and slotted rotors / upgraded pads / SS lines.

Only thing that you will notice without the clips is a little bit of brake chatter. no big deal. You get used to it in about 10 min of driving

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By the way, what is that black rubber line in the last pic?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
either the abs sensor or if it is on the rear, it could be the mechanical brake line (e-brake)

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I see you are from the Big Easy. I was just down there over the weekend! :) Is that the big brake kit?
[/b]
No, those are OEM size rotors with upgraded pads and upgraded lines.

BBK's come with bigger calipers.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Why not reuse the springs? I just did one of my four wheels, and it was a tad tricky to reinstall the springs. A third had would've helped. I tell you what is hard is removing those damn screws that hold the rotors on, wow. I used an impact wrench and destroyed one of the impact bits the second I pulled the trigger. I had to drill that MF'er out.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why not reuse the springs? I just did one of my four wheels, and it was a tad tricky to reinstall the springs. A third had would've helped. I tell you what is hard is removing those damn screws that hold the rotors on, wow. I used an impact wrench and destroyed one of the impact bits the second I pulled the trigger. I had to drill that MF'er out.
[/b]
Couldn't find how to put those spring clips back in. We tried but nothing came of it.
Yes, the screws in the rotors were a beast. Broke four tips and even after use of the Impact wrench, had to wind up drilling one from each of the front rotors. Back ones were no problem.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I just finished the job. All springs and whatnot back in place, but I ended up drilling out every one of those screws except for one. Jeez, those things are frickin' welded in place. Not anymore :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts