Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:::edited old post::: same as socal section

well as some of you know i'm roomies with Atom44wat, he just got engaged, and he's moving out. my gf and i are staying here and paying the ungodly rent on our own....cause frankly, we love this apartment. what does this have to do with me selling anything.....affording track days!

i'm willing to sell my Rotora BBK for $900 to any socal person interested. the kit was confirmed to fit both the regular 6 as well as the speed6. i'm trying to make the move over to Brembo's but was too cheap and wanted to spend as little as possible before. but after thinking about things, for the cost of a typical track day/weekend and the price of the Rotora's i'd be able to get into the Brembo's. and again, the main reason for the swap, is i should get AT LEAST 1 free track day this year through them/my girlfriend as long as i'm sporting thier brakes. so looking at it that way, i would brake even or be up if i get to any other track days with them.

anyhow, the kit includes everything. only thing that would need to be purchase later this year would be rotors. they have a good 8k or so on them, so that should allow some time before needing them. the pads have less than a thousand miles on them also. the car is still in San Jose getting the tranny swap done, so parts will be available as soon as i drive the car home.

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.ph...products_id=130

MrTea

here's a pic i've always liked

here's a pic of how clearance of the wheels can be tight, i'd try to swing by with a wheel to check first if interested.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not really sure, i'd say in the $150-200 range?

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$1k plus shipping

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
updated things a bit. estimated shipping is in the $70 tops

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ummm FS rules :)?[/b]

the post has been up for 4 1/2 months, i just updated the price, but you are more than welcome to remove it if you'd like. especially since i don't have the car (or the parts for sale) in my possesion, i didn't worry about the pic.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Hate to be a prick but how is this fair this should immediately be locked due to no compliant pics. Mods dont get special rights when selling shit. I know hes been here for a while and seems to me a very good guy but in no way should this be left open.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
again, i don't care either way, i have it for sale in the local threads.

but we get special treatment when having to respond to thread issues, deleting threads, changing avatars, putting things in the right forums... all the time, why not here?

the rule was put in place to ensure to our members that they were getting a quality product as much as possible, from someone that isn't going to flake on them.....no

who here thinks i'm going to flake or don't have the product?

...but i do see your point, i just think we should get special treatment on some things?

·
Registered
165 Posts
again, i don't care either way, i have it for sale in the local threads.

but we get special treatment when having to respond to thread issues, deleting threads, changing avatars, putting things in the right forums... all the time, why not here?

the rule was put in place to ensure to our members that they were getting a quality product as much as possible, from someone that isn't going to flake on them.....no

who here thinks i'm going to flake or don't have the product?
...but i do see your point, i just think we should get special treatment on some things?[/b]
I'm fairly new (way new in comparison to MrTea) but I happen to agree with him.
I've seen members get away with breaking the rules with a little explanation. The spirit of the rule is what we want to enforce. It isn't necessary to enforce the "letter of the law" on everyone. If it was happening on a regular basis or the item was suspect in any way, then the Mods should take another look. Otherwise... just let it be.
If I was in the market, I'd certainly trust a long-standing Mod.
While I understand people who say otherwise, I'll respectfully disagree.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I'm fairly new (way new in comparison to MrTea) but I happen to agree with him.
I've seen members get away with breaking the rules with a little explanation. The spirit of the rule is what we want to enforce. It isn't necessary to enforce the "letter of the law" on everyone. If it was happening on a regular basis or the item was suspect in any way, then the Mods should take another look. Otherwise... just let it be.
If I was in the market, I'd certainly trust a long-standing Mod.
While I understand people who say otherwise, I'll respectfully disagree.[/b]
:leghump:

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
What offset wheels are you running?The caliper looks really close to the wheel.Might be interested

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it's not as much the offset, as the wheel design. i've run 42-48 offset wheels on the car without issue, but i think Atom44wat's kosei's are 45? and they don't clear the spokes. if anyone is serious about it, let me know and i'll get some measurements for ya.....which would be similar to what would be downloaded from something like Brembo/stoptech/rotora's sites.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
The offset of your wheels doesn't matter, it's the design of your wheel. If you have a wheel with a 48mm offset and a 2 in lip, for example, these probably wont fit because the spokes have to be pulled back to make the lip.

·
Registered
165 Posts
:leghump:[/b]
Now that's funny. I guess that's as close as those smiley's come to "kissing ass"?
Not how I saw it... just an issue that has some meaning to me and I felt the "urge" to comment.
And that's all I have to say about that. [anyone?]

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
...just a bump i guess

i just decided to buy the Brembo kit, so the Rotora setup will be sitting in a box in the garage if anyone happens to change thier mind on it.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
don't mind being lowballed (i'm used to that), but i can't even order a large iced tea for 2.50 anymore!

...if i can get someone to commit to these by the end of March, i'll drop the price to $800 plus whatever shipping would be to ya

1 - 20 of 34 Posts