Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about the Rota Group-A on a velocity red speed6?

Rota Group A http://www.rotawheels.ca/groupa.html

However they only come in flat black in the size that I want, 18x7.5, 5x114.3, +48.
I'm gonna get some 225/40/R18, do I have to worry too much about rubbing without rolling my fenders?

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Seems like a great fitment, nothign to worry about :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
It looks like the hub bore is 56.1, this will not work. You will need 67 or higher hub bore to fit the Mazda6.

Watch out for this one on Rota's most have too small of a hub bore and will usually require a special order.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like the hub bore is 56.1, this will not work. You will need 67 or higher hub bore to fit the Mazda6.

Watch out for this one on Rota's most have too small of a hub bore and will usually require a special order.
[/b]
Damn it. Is there any wheel out there that will fit the speed6 without fender rolling?

Since most tire/wheel shops don't know much about the speed6. I might just get the winter tires/Wheels package from the dealership. At least if they don't fit, I can yell at them and let them fix it.

and flat black will look like ass
[/b]
I really don't know how flat black would look like. I know gunmetal would look great on velocity red.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Seems like a great fitment, nothign to worry about :)
[/b]
:slap: :nono: Bad advice from Pathik again as usual.

[/b]
Agreed. I was looking into Rota's before I bought my wheels. Search around, there are a few Rota wheels that will fit, and a few that gave people problems. Make sure you watch the hub bore as a lot of Rota's are too small and wont fit on the 6.

·
Registered
905 Posts
you can order it with the proper hub bore it just might take up to 6-10 months. They're usually designed for fit subaru's if they're 5 lug.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
You can get a 73MM hub bore from Rota pretty easilier, and run a hub centric ring...

Talk to SubyDude.com, they get custom colors all the time, he'll take care of you :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you can order it with the proper hub bore it just might take up to 6-10 months. They're usually designed for fit subaru's if they're 5 lug.
[/b]
That's good to know. However, winter is coming pretty soon. If the wait is 6-10 months, I have to put winter tires on the stock rims and hopefully the Rota will arrive before summer next year so that I can put my summer tires back.

Then there is another problem. There aren't too many winter tires in 215/45R18. The ones that I know of are pretty expensive.

That leaves me with one option, getting a package from the dealership. They told me it would cost about Cdn 2400 (hopefully tax in) with Bridgestone Blizzak and some Eagle 7-spokes. I was quoted Cdn 2040 tax-in with Rota and Kumho KW17. The price difference between Blizzak and Kumho can easily be 400 on a set of 4.
Hopefully the 7 spokes wheels look decent, though I never like 7-spokes.

You can get a 73MM hub bore from Rota pretty easilier, and run a hub centric ring...

Talk to SubyDude.com, they get custom colors all the time, he'll take care of you :)
[/b]
I can try that. THX for the info.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
When I was looking for Rota's I was on subydude.com.

He didnt have the specs I wanted in the color I wanted in stock and apparently neither did Rota. I dont know what Rota's production warehouse is like, but I found it rather weird that a company wouldnt have the specs I wanted in stock and they were backordered for months.

ALSO, do a search for my name and rota...... there is something else you need to look at when considering rota's and its not always the hub diameter. A few people on here have had problems with some rota's fitting even when the APPEARED specs looked like they would fit the 6 perfectly.....

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
If you still haven't gotten your wheels yet, also try machIII.net in addition to subydude. That's where I got mine from with 73mm bore and ran hubcentric rings on them. You will have to dremmel the back of the center caps to make them fit the front though (really wasn't a big deal and you should do all four for when you rotate your tires).

For tires... try looking for 225/45 18. You should be able to find more in that size.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts