Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm looking for a roof rack for my 6. I checked few web pages, but i would like to check with the members.
Any suggestion on that? Anybody own one.
Thanks

·
Registered
436 Posts
I've got a Thule. I would just as happily have purchased a Yakima, but I already owned a whole bunch of Thule attachments from when I had my Thule-built Mazda P5 rack.

Either of the main two brands will work great, last you forever, and offer tons of flexibility from an attachment POV. None of the other brands even comes close in terms of fit, security or quality.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a Thule. I would just as happily have purchased a Yakima, but I already owned a whole bunch of Thule attachments from when I had my Thule-built Mazda P5 rack.

Either of the main two brands will work great, last you forever, and offer tons of flexibility from an attachment POV. None of the other brands even comes close in terms of fit, security or quality.
[/b]
I was looking on Thule and yakima. They look pretty solid:)
Thanks a lot

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the thule kit. Works very well. The one downside is it is REALLY loud, especially with the sunroof.

I am thinking of putting the wind-deflector on, I've been told this limits the whistling, but itself adds another sound.

I love the thule, it is rock solid, but damn, I wish it was quieter.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yeah, the deflector does help.

If you have the newer more aero looking Thule, you can minimize the whistling by sliding the foot wrap thing up so that it's snug with the bottom of the load bars. Helped with mine.

In truth, I keep my rack in the basement, except when I'm taking my bike to the trail. Too much noise and worse gas mileage otherwise. I put a couple of marks inside the door frame so that I know where the feet should go and I can usually toss the rack on in about 5 minutes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts