Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a mondial sportrack that i use on my curent car, my 6 have not been deliver yet. i think it look more cool then the thule whit a lower profile. my question, is do anybody have one and use the m3 adaptor to put the rack on a m6? if yes, does it fit wright or no. Do someone have another brand and fit it on the 6, i know the protege 5 have very high rack that look not so good, does your look the same?

Thank's for the answer.;)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Reading Topic: roof bike rack

Personally, I'd sell the Mondial, call Dalan Mfg. and order their class 1 hitch for the 6. I just installed one. Go here for pics:

http://www.mazda6club.com/forums/read.php?TID=2850

Then I'd find a place to buy the Sportworks Transport rack:

http://www.bicycleracks.com/sttra.asp

Or, for a bit less money you could get a Hollywood rack, but they aren't quite as well built as the Sportoworks.

I despise the way roof racks look. They interupt the lines of the car and eventually they bugger something up. Plus, compared to the Sportworks, any roof rack is impossible to mount/dismount a bike since the hitch rack only requires lifting the bike up about 2 feet. And removing the front wheel isn't necessary. My bikes are on or off in under 10 seconds - I've timed it.

Dalan - 978-425-9585

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'roof bike rack'

sorry, but i dont think your wat for the look ,here is a pic of my cavalier whit my rack on, i think it look realy good, and many people tell me the same.

·
Registered
526 Posts

No problem. You asked for suggestions and I gave you mine. To each his own. Based on that picture, you and I think a LOT differently.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

they are stock wheel, they just look more white because of the contrast whit the color of the car!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

Thule doesn't have a fit kit available yet. B.s. considering I have an entire setup. Yakima does (but Yakima sucks) I emailed their support and they told me they don't even have an eta on when they'll be available.

If anyone else is interested in Thule, please email their support department so they know people want them!

·
Registered
238 Posts

I have a problem with bikes mounted on the rear of a car. For one it obstructs the view of the tail lights for cars behind you. Let alone your view. Plus what if you are rear ended? Now your bikes are wrecked and the potential for more damage to the car. Yes they are convenient, because you don't have to lift the bike as high, but with bikes only weighing 30lbs (heavy side) I'd rather see them on the roof.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts